Version 9.3 > Support phone number?

osborn4
7/6/2023 2:09:24 PM

Where's the support phone number. It's2:00 PM Mountian time on a Thursday afternoon and I'm getting this message on the support page

Support Request

Organizations with a Platinum level support plan have access to full-week support by phone and email.
Organizations with a Silver and Gold level support plan have access to weekday support by phone and email.
Your current support level is: Bronze
With only options to upgrade our support package or to get support for activation.
I can't get 9.3 started on my user account and need some help!

osborn4
7/6/2023 2:15:37 PM

The error I'm getting is:

Unable to initialize SongShow Plus. Reason: Cannot create file "C:\ProgramData\R-Technics\SongShow Plus\9.3\indexes\config.json". Access is denied.

I reinstalled under the user account, but run as admin. But we still get that error.

If I run SSP 9.3 as admin (while the user is signed on) it works.

But it doesn't clear up the error when i attempt to run as the user.

osborn4
7/6/2023 2:20:29 PM

So when did it change that bronze support gets NO support?

osborn4
7/6/2023 2:20:37 PM

So when did it change that bronze support gets NO support?

Just to be clear, I'm reporting a bug in your code. I shouldn't have to pay $65 to report a bug.

George Taylor
7/7/2023 11:36:38 AM

Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue.  

At first glance it appears that you ran into an issue creating a config file.  It indicate that access was denied implying a permissions issue on you profile.   I have not encountered that before so I will take a look.

Regarding support.  I looked at your account and it appears that your subscription was Silver up until 2018 but then it dropped to Bronze.  At this level, support is via email only. 

I checked our ticketing system and did not find a ticket for you.  

I have created a ticket for you on this.  Look for an email from our ticket system - It will be a different email so it may initially go to your spam folder.

In the future you can submit a ticket in the same Support Request path by selecting the "Submitting a bug report" option.  This will allow you to send detailed information on the issue and open a ticket.

osborn4
7/7/2023 12:25:37 PM

Yeah. They said they won't act on the ticket until we upgrade our "support" I'm still not sure how you can call it Bronze level support when it doesn' include support, even email support.

George Taylor
7/7/2023 12:47:39 PM

Joel - Please clarify who "they" is.

We will act on every ticket received regardless of the subscription level. When and how we act may vary.

osborn4
7/7/2023 1:48:30 PM

It appears that your church opted not to add technical support with their latest renewal. If you would like to add that now, you can do so by clicking the link below.

https://www.gofishmedia.net/products/bronze-silver/

Once your subscription upgrade has been applied to your SSP account you will be eligible to contact the support department using the following methods:

Phone: 208-639-3950
Web Formhttps://www.songshowplus.com/loginpage?returnUrl=/support/request/start/

GoFishMedia Sales
877-458-6367
www.gofishmedia.net

osborn4
7/7/2023 1:49:14 PM
Thank you for contacting SongShow Plus support.

Your current version is the 9.3 Professional Edition and your subscription is Bronze.

Our recommendation is that you upgrade your subscription level for the best experience with SongShow Plus.

The Bronze Subscription does include activation and software updates as well as access to self-help resources including articles and some video content.   This is primarily done via email and only in very specific cases will phone or remote methods be used.

Maintaining at least Silver support will provide direct email, phone and remote support as needed as well as additional self-help resources.

If you need additional assistance renewing/upgrading SongShow Plus, please contact the Sales Team or by calling them at 877-458-6367. 

osborn4
7/7/2023 1:49:39 PM
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to open a ticket if I can't contact the support desk.

osborn4
7/7/2023 2:37:15 PM

UPDATE: I st the user acccount to be an Admin and that didn't fix the problem. So I returned it to a user account

Then I gave the user account full control of  C:\ProgramData\R-Technics and that seems to have fixed the problem!

George Taylor
7/7/2023 5:46:58 PM

Joel,

A few things:

Did you call the number they gave you in the email?  This line will allow you to submit a ticket regardless of subscription level.

Did you go to the website and submit a ticket as I mentioned earlier?  This will allow you to submit a bug report regardless of subscription level.

Did you check your email for the ticket I created for you for this issue?  Check your spam and reply to the email to confirm you got it - it was sent to the email address we have on file.  If not you can submit a ticket as I mentioned above with the correct email address.

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue.  We will still look into that to see what may have caused it in the first place.  As you noted, it appears that for some reason when you machine was setup, all users do not have access to the ProgramData folder (that you manually corrected) then that would be a system problem rather than an SSP problem.

George Taylor
7/7/2023 5:59:46 PM
(content deleted)

osborn4
7/8/2023 4:42:54 PM

Yes. I got an email indicating that a ticket was open. That was immediately followed by the first response above  that I posted at 7/7/2023 1:48:30 PM then followed by the other email.

I did not try the phone number or the website, because they specifically said, "Once your subscription upgrade has been applied to your SSP account you will be eligible to contact the support department using the following methods:"

When I tried opening a ticket, it would only allow me to open an activation ticket.

George Taylor
7/10/2023 11:36:07 AM

Hi again Joel,

The wording of the email from GFM is not entirely accurate so I am addressing that.

Regarding the ticket submission process.  If you do the following, you should be able to submit a bug:

1. Sign-in to the SSP site with your ORG credentials.
  2. Click on the Support tab on the left.
  3. Click on the Request Support link.
  4. Click on the "We're a current SongShow Plus customer..." option.
  5. Click on the "Submitting a bug report" option.
  6. It should autofill your account details.
  7. Scroll to the bottom and enter the problem and steps to reproduce.
  8. Click the Send button.

This will create a ticket and we will investigate.

As I mentioned previously, even if you call, that process will allow you to initiate a ticket regardless of subscription status, you just may not get contacted right away.

We apologize for any delays in your support experience.

We are implementing a new call and ticketing system to address many of the concerns that customers communicated to us. In particular, we found that with the old system there were, in some cases, extremely long hold times. By giving the basic info to our call reps and allowing for either quick email responses and/or callbacks when needed, we expect a faster and more precise resolution.

If your subscription includes it, weekday callbacks can be scheduled on an as needed basis.

Initially this update is slowing our responses, however, as we get this fully integrated we look forward to meeting your support expectations.

Thank you for your patience.

osborn4
7/13/2023 11:42:24 AM

I didn't see the bug-reporting option before. That would be the path I was missing.

I couldn't call, because the support phone number is hidden from bronze-level members.

As I said in my email, the accounts are on our Windows domain. I do not know what version of Windows Server we have. I'm guessing it hasn't been upgraded in quite a while.

The machines in question are all Windows 10. 

As I said, giving our user account full con control of  C:\ProgramData\R-Technics I went down that low on the directory tree in hopes that it will take care of future upgrades, as well.

Thanks for following up on this.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. An unhandled exception has occurred. See browser dev tools for details. Reload 🗙