Version 8.1 > Decklink plugin not working like v7

bladeaudio
1/23/2015 3:03:05 PM
I just upgraded all my systems from v7 to 8.1.  My machine that does CG through a Decklink card with the Decklink plugin doesn't seem to be working the same way as before.  

The problem is that I can't get a true "key" signal out like I was getting from v7.  (I can open up v7 which is still installed and I'm getting the proper key signal out.)  Following the instructions from here I end up with the same fill signal coming out on my key channel.

The only place I deviated from the instructions was that I had to use a non-hidden display in order to see anything out, even on the fill channel.  If I used a hidden display, nothing was visible anywhere.

Thoughts?

I like to have a border and drop shadow around my lyrics that are keyed, but with this setup when I add them they are just removed because they are black, and there is nothing on the alpha layer (key) telling the switcher to keep that part of what's coming out of the fill channel.

bladeaudio
1/23/2015 3:11:34 PM
....let me add some more information.

When I set it up the exact same way I have it in v7. Using External Keying in the Decklink settings, and using a "hidden" display. Then all I get on the key output is a completely white image. (which results in the whole screen being keyed out, so we only see the lyrics and black background.)

I'm also finding that any changes to the display settings or decklink settings don't take effect until you restart the program. This has tripped me up a few times as I'm wondering why changes I make aren't being seen. There is no warning of this.

dreece
1/26/2015 3:26:01 PM
Stephen,

I assume that you are using a GFM ProKey machine since you bought the DeckLink license through GoFishMedia. You have a current subscription so the best thing to do at this point is to contact the support team there. If there is a problem that the development team needs to know about, they'll let us know, but they work with the ProKey issues on a regular basis and may already have a solution to your problem.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. An unhandled exception has occurred. See browser dev tools for details. Reload 🗙