Version 9.2 > Crash data collection

osborn4
6/24/2022 4:51:41 PM

Is there anything we can collect after the fact on SSP freezes/hangs that would help troubleshoot?

We are on 9.SongShow Plus 9.2 (2/10/2022) on Windows 10 and probably get a ssp freeze/hang at least every other week during service. We've not noticed what was going on when it happens. SSP just goes faded and we have to close it and reopen.

We can't troubleshoot then, because we are in the middle of a service.

Thanks.

osborn4
6/24/2022 5:15:12 PM

Note: this time was at the end of creating the ssprog. I was doing a PTG and while I was waiting to that dialog to come up, I tried to multitask in SSP (can't remember what). When I restarted SSP and rebuilt my program, I went to to a PTG to back it up. This time I timed it and it took 30 seconds for the PTG dialog to come up.

George Taylor
8/18/2022 8:48:58 AM

Hi Joel - sorry for the delay.

We do have a trace program but I would not recommend running it during service as it is possible that it will induce other errors.

If you want to run the trace outside of a service, contact support and they can help you set that up.

I realize that these "random" things are tough to replicate and we would love to solve them.  Your best bet is to attempt to replicate a service, but not during service :).

From what you noted it seems like you are doing edit/prep work during an active service.  We do not recommend this.  If elements are in a program and/or being presented and also trying to be edited or in your case packaged, that can cause an issue.   On that note - if this is the scenario you encountered at least we should be able to replicate it.

When you have time, contact support to try and replicate this behavior with them and they can take it from there.

Thanks!

osborn4
8/18/2022 8:19:17 PM

The occurence of the crashes has disappeared. It still takes a LONG time for a PTG dialog box to appear, for any reasonable size ssprog, but I haven't seen a crash in some time.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. An unhandled exception has occurred. See browser dev tools for details. Reload 🗙