Version 8.3 > Inconsistant font size

akins
5/13/2017 10:58:34 AM
It's interesting,  but frustrating, that a 16 pt. Virtue font in a slide show is equivalent
(on screen) to about a 20 pt. Virtue font in a scripture slide. I find this on both my
workstation and projection PC's. Did someone actually plan it this way??
PS: I made sure there was no size reduction due to text block size.

iamgap
5/13/2017 7:24:39 PM
"PS: I made sure there was no size reduction due to text block size."

By this, do you mean the 'Shrink to fit' and 'Grow to fit' are unchecked in your font settings? Or do you mean that it looks normal in a song, but bigger in Scripture?

Virtue isn't a font on my computer. Is this a font you have acquired from a third party? Is it possible that it isn't a TT Font that SSP may have trouble handling correctly?

akins
5/15/2017 6:43:16 PM
Yeh, I made sure the grow to and shrink to were not being used. I began using the Virtue font
when I started using vs. 8.1 and found the SSP would only slightly bold either of those. I submitted
the problem to GFM and they said to submit here. I did, but don't think it got any action. In any
event, I needed a strong bold font and Virtue fit the bill. It is a ttf, but I don't remember where
I got it. I will try some other font and see if I see the same anomaly.

akins
5/15/2017 6:45:29 PM
"either of those" = Verdana & Tacoma :-)

George
5/16/2017 10:03:21 AM
This behavior is expected and is addressed in this KB article:

http://www.ssplash.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/tabid/313/aff/22/aft/18899/afv/topic/Default.aspx

akins
5/16/2017 6:58:36 PM
The "preferred solution" in the blog is NOT a solution, since it does nothing to make equal point
sizes in scripture and slide shows show up equal when projected. I would call this a "bug" even if
it is "expected!" The only work around is for the user to realize this unusual (the most polite word
I could think of) behavior and make the scripture font significantly larger. Of course, to make matters
worst, everything is shown correctly in the editing screens.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. An unhandled exception has occurred. See browser dev tools for details. Reload 🗙