Displaying SongShow Plus and Performance considerations(SI004)
Certain SongShow Plus display properties require significantly more processing than others. The following is a list of some of the more processor intensive features:
- Effects, particularly those applied to the background
- Block shadow
- Gradient files, particularly when used as a background
- Outline or Hollow text
- Space Width, or Char Width not set to 100%.
- Font Smoothing
- Transitions with static backgrounds
- Motion video backgrounds
- Most Visualizations
- Video and Visualization effects
If you need greater performance, avoid using some or all of these features. SongShow Plus comes with a Display Property preset called Factory - Minimal. This sets the Display Properties to where the least amount of processing is required to render a screen image. You can then add features one-by-one.