February 2009 Edition - User Interface/Training Notes(SSP055)
In the February 2009 Edition, the following areas contain changes for which users will need to get acquainted:
Enhancements to Importing Media Files
- AutoPlay Support: Now, when you insert a USB drive containing media files, you will be prompted with the option to import the files into SongShow Plus, or to run one of the slide show builders.
- Zip File Import: You can now right-click on a .zip file in Windows Explorer, and select to import the media files from the .zip into SongShow Plus.
- Import multiple files types: A new menu command is available from the Tools menu letting you import from various sources video files, image files, and audio files. Previously, you could only import one media file type at a time.
- Paste Files into Programs: You can now copy files from Windows Explorer, and paste them directly into a SongShow Plus program. When doing this, SongShow Plus will automatically import the file(s) into its folder structure which keeps the program compatible with Package-to-Go. This also cuts down on the number of steps previously required to perform the same task.
- Paste Files into Slide Shows: You can now copy files from Windows Explorer, and paste them directly into a slide show when using Slide Show Builder. When doing this, the file(s) will be automatically copied into the SongShow Plus folder structure which keeps the slide show compatible with Package-to-Go. This also cuts down on the number of steps previously required to perform the same task.
- Auto Import in Slide Show Builder: Now, when adding an image or video to a slide show, if the file selected is external to the SongShow Plus folder structure, the file will be automatically imported into the file structure which keeps the slide show compatible with Package-to-Go. This also cuts down on the number of steps previously required to perform the same task.
- Non-English Song/Slide Text: Song and slide text can now display non-English characters.
- Opening Screen: You can now specify your own image file to be displayed when SongShow Plus starts up.
- Set Typical Verse Order: You can now specify the typical verse order used by a song at the time that you are setting the verse order for a new program item. NOTE: This does not work on stock songs because they cannot be edited or saved.
- Display Properties Load Image Options: The previously available File selection under Load Image From > has been removed and is replaced in the Link to external image option. When an image file is selected here that is outside of the normal SSP file structure it will be imported to maintain compatibility with the Package To Go utility. PTG is ideal for transporting complex SSP content.
For additional details on these items, refer to the What's New document that addresses all the changes for the February 2009 Edition.