Unable to use SongSelect 3.0 database songs after March 2011 Update(TS142)
After an update to the March 2011 Edition of SongShow Plus the songs from the SongSelect 3.0 database do appear in the songs database panel but will not project or add to a program properly. Searching also appears to be affected. When added to a program a red "X" is next to the title and when projected an alert occurs indicating the song is missing or unusable.
The support for the SongSelect 3.0 database was deprecated in the January 2008 Edition of SongShow Plus. CCLI has ceased issuing licenses for the continued use of SongSelect 3.0. Some users may still have remaining time on their license or received an exception to get an extension on their license but our contacts at CCLI ensure us that this will not continue.
Cease using SongSelect 3.0 and uninstall the SongSelect 3.0 support plug-in. Import desired songs from the SongSelect Internet database via the SongShow Plus SongSelect Website tool. See specific instructions below.
Clone all desired songs from the SongSelect 3.0 database into the SongShow Plus Database.
Cease using SongSelect 3.0 and uninstall the SongSelect 3.0 support plug-in. Import any future songs from the SongSelect internet database via the SongShow Plus SongSelect Website tool. See specific instructions below.
Uninstalling the SongSelect 3.0 Support plug-in
1. If open, close SongShow Plus
2. Open the SongShow Plus Utilities tool from Start > Programs > SongShow Plus > Utilities
3. Select "Plug-ins" from the utilities list
4. Find the SongSelect 3.0 Support plug-in from the list and select it.
5. Click on the "Uninstall" button at the bottom of the plug-ins window.
6. When the uninstall is complete, close the plug-ins window.
7. Launch SongShow Plus and confirm that SongSelect 3.0 songs are not showing in the Songs Panel.
NOTE: It is not required that users uninstall SongSelect 3.0 from the system if they wish to continue to have access to it outside of SongShow Plus.
Cloning Songs from SongSelect 3.0
1. Open SongShow Plus.
2. Click on View > Songs Panel.
3. Click on Songs > Show > Source. You will now see an annotation after each song title which indicates it’s source location.)
4. From the Songs Panel, click on the "Search All Songs" icon to display all the songs in your database.
5. Right click on the desired SongSelect 3.0 song and choose “Clone Song”.
6. You now will have a copy of each SongSelect 3.0 song that you clone in the SongShow Plus songs database.
For instruction on Importing Songs via SongSelect online, refer to the SongShow Plus User Guide.