Changing the High End Graphics setting in SongShow Plus(TS292) Symptom:
From time to time an issue that is discovered in SongShow Plus is related to the use of DirectX. This can be almost anything using hardware acceleration such as videos, effects, animations and even the use of PowerPoint.
The use of DirectX features is causing a problem in SongShow Plus.
Possible Temporary Solution or Troubleshooting:
Disable the high end graphics (HEG) (AKA - Full Graphics Mode) on all enabled displays. This can be disabled through the Tools menu or the Graphics tab in the Utilities Display Settings panel in SSP 7 or in the Display settings in SSP 8 following the steps below.
NOTE: If your issue has been resolved, you can re-enable high end graphics (HEG) by selecting the alternate option in the steps below.
- Close SongShow Plus.
- From the Programs menu open Programs > SongShow Plus > Utilities.
- Once the Utilities panel opens select Display Settings.
- Click in the Graphics tab.
- Uncheck the “Enable full graphics mode…” check box.
- Save and close the Utilities panel.
- Open SongShow Plus.
- From the main toolbar select Settings >Display...
- For each enabled Display Window do the following:
- Select the Display Window tab.
- Scroll down to the "Use GPU" section.
- Select "No" to disable the setting.
- Repeat with other enabled displays.
- Click OK to save and close.
- Restart SongShow Plus.
After you re-open SongShow Plus, see if it works as expected. If there is a confirmed issue, please report this to the Support Team.
NOTE: This will disable the use of DirectX for SongShow Plus and may affect the performance of SSP and the availability of certain effects. This may be acceptable if this particular system is to be used as a Workstation only.
5/31/2017 2:29:56 PM