Version 5.5 > Distorted audio when playing video clips

tmpifer1
12/24/2007 2:47:21 AM
Hi all,

I am having a problem getting "clean" audio when playing a video clip through SSP.  The audio sounds as though it has VERY heavy reverb on it, and is on the edge of breaking up into distortion.  I've checked everywhere in the settings for the SoundMax integrated sound card to make sure someone hasn't applied effects or some other funky parameter.  It distorts through the computer speakers and also headphones.  Playing with the other audio settings hasn't helped either.

I've toyed with the idea of trying to upgrade the drivers for the card, but you know how driver upgrades often go on a computer that's a few years old.

I'm wondering if there are some settings in SSP that I'm overlooking.  Thanks!

osborn4
12/24/2007 10:13:07 AM
How do things sound playing from sources other than SSP? If you play from Windows Media Player, do you get the same bad sound?

tmpifer1
12/24/2007 1:05:28 PM
Hi Joel.

Yeah, same junky sound.  Great trouble shooting skills, though!  You should be in Tech Support.  I forgot to add that detail in my first post, sorry.

I stumbled across a fellow SoundMax user at about 6 AM who suggested turning hardware acceleration down or off.  I went to the church and applied the fix.  IT WORKED!  The videos play smoothly with no audio distorsion.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙