Version 8.0 > System becomes unresponsive with Mobile Control enabled

sbinder
9/26/2014 8:05:35 AM
I'm using the 9/10/2014 build of SSP8. One of my projection systems became almost completely unresponsive when mobile control was enabled (mouse pointer wouldn't move for several seconds, then would respond normally for several seconds, keyboard would be unresponsive or would have long delays). After disabling mobile control, the system responds normally.

George
9/26/2014 9:26:13 AM
Stuart,

To clarify - is this just with Mobile control enabled in the settings or while you were actually connected to SSP?

What are your settings in Mobile Control?

sbinder
9/26/2014 10:10:11 AM
The issue showed up during a service:
I used an iPad at the back of the sanctuary (via Mobile Control) to switch from the announcements slideshow to the processional. Once we reached the front of the sanctuary, I used the console to start the service slideshow. That's when the trouble began.

During the service, I tried restarting SSP, but that didn't help. After the service, I tried rebooting the computer, but SSP kept choking until I disabled Mobile Control. Then everything worked fine.
I just went to try to reproduce the problem, and couldn't. But having the projection machine choke like that during a service makes me a little gun-shy about trying it again!

Settings are:
Enabled (checked)
IP Address (set to machine's IP)
HTTP Port (80)
Beacon Enabled (checked)
Beacon Port (1111)
User Authentication Required (unchecked)

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙