Version 8.0 > Song Select Online option is gone

gatewaycrc
10/4/2014 11:26:04 AM

Last week when setting up the program I imported songs by going to songs - create or acquire from - song select online

Today I start setting up and this option is missing.  Is there a new way to import songs from song select?

I restarted song show just in case but it is still missing.  The only option I have for song select is song select download file.

For this week I went to the song select website and copied the song to the clipboard and than imported from the clipboard.

Thanks!

George
10/6/2014 11:44:10 AM
Hilda,

The Online SongSelect does require a current subscription for SongShow Plus.  I checked the operation this morning and it does work as expected on an active account.

Please check to make sure you are up to date.  If there are questions about that you can contact the support team and they can verify and probably help you renew if necessary.

If your subscription is current and the issue persists they can gather the needed into so we can take a look.

In the meantime, you can log into SongSelect outside of SongShow Plus, select and download the song you are looking for and then import it using the download file importer.

iamgap
10/6/2014 5:45:51 PM
Posted By George Taylor on 06 Oct 2014 11:44 AM

Hilda,

The Online SongSelect does require a current subscription for SongShow Plus.  I checked the operation this morning and it does work as expected on an active account.

Please check to make sure you are up to date.  If there are questions about that you can contact the support team and they can verify and probably help you renew if necessary.

If your subscription is current and the issue persists they can gather the needed into so we can take a look.

In the meantime, you can log into SongSelect outside of SongShow Plus, select and download the song you are looking for and then import it using the download file importer.

Is there a reason for this reduced functionality? My understanding of SSP licensing is that you can use the version of SSP that was available when your licensing last expired. If SongSelect online was an option when a church's SSP license expired, it should remain an option. I could understand if SongSelect changed, and then SSP needs an update to meet those changes, but other than that, SongSelect should remain functional. Forgive me if I misunderstand. If I understand correctly, but there is a good reason to remove this functionality, please educate us.

dreece
10/6/2014 7:53:29 PM
There are various costs and restrictions associated with this and other online services.

iamgap
10/9/2014 4:27:29 PM

Understood. Sorry CCLI has put us in that position.

gatewaycrc
10/11/2014 10:45:38 AM

That explains why it doesn't work because our membership ended at the end of September and for budget reasons will not be renewed at this time.  There is not a chance I can get it put into the budget since I had to argue for it last time because version 8 was coming out and it was approved with the understanding it would not be a yearly expense.  This is a frustrating change.  If I go back to version 7 will it still be available to me since it used to be available to use without a membership? 

dreece
10/11/2014 2:09:17 PM
The SongSelect import feature for download files should still work in 8.0.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙