Version 5.5 > SongShow Plus Mask?

GreggorMac
3/9/2009 7:44:54 PM
Hey guys,

I've noticed that while switching between SongShow Plus and our DVD/VHS player, there is a noticeable size difference on the screens. Does anyone know if there is a mask or some kind of a frame/border related to SSP that I could eliminate to increase the size?

Thanks in advance

osborn4
3/10/2009 7:13:55 AM
The only thing I know of is the margins, and most backgrounds fill in the margins.

It could be the way your projector handles the different resolutions. What kind of connections do your compter and DVD player have and what resolution is your computer sending to the projector?

GreggorMac
3/10/2009 7:37:09 AM
We use composite connection (Which I know probably isn't the best, but it's the way it was set up, so for now, it's the way we're stuck with) and our resolution is 600x800 but I've tried changing this with no change to the projection size

osborn4
3/10/2009 7:59:01 AM
Are you using composite for both the DVD and the Computer, or are you running a VGA signal from the computer? Have you tried down to 640 x 480? I think that matches the composite signal.

The best path would be to find out what the native resolution of the projector is and use that.

twj
3/12/2009 5:42:57 PM
We run everything through a switcher/scaler which makes sure everything fits the full screen. That would also require you to run VGA cable to your projector to get the best resolution. I understand that may be beyond your budget right now but it can be put on a wish list.

michaeldyaeger
3/18/2009 11:38:00 AM
Posted By twj on 03/12/2009 5:42 PM
We run everything through a switcher/scaler which makes sure everything fits the full screen. That would also require you to run VGA cable to your projector to get the best resolution. I understand that may be beyond your budget right now but it can be put on a wish list.

Yes, a scalar would be the solution to this problem.

iamgap
3/19/2009 8:22:13 PM

I was able to find a decent scaler/switcher at a really good price on EBAY. It does not have any transitions, so it is a bit of a hard switch, but it is better than using the projector's input option. We already had a distribution amplifier, so all we had to do was up-convert the DVD signal.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙