Version 8.0 > SSP Ver 8.0 hangs on startup

Colscoob
6/21/2015 10:08:22 AM
Ive been using SSP 8.0 for over a year now with no issues. However, it suddenly stopped and hangs up on startup, the progress bar sits at about 10%.

Its instsalled on a Windows Vista (64-bit) OS with an Intel Quad Core PC with 4GB RAM.

I noticed someonw reporting a similar thread that was caused by the audio on the PC. Oddly enough the audio on this PC wasnt working, but now it is and SSP still will not start.

Ive tried disabling the Antivirus Software (Norton), with no change. I also tried updating SSP with the latest update, still with no effect. The PC is also connected to the internet, something else which i noticed could cause an issue.

Luckily i left SSP 7.0 on the machine when i upgraded so im able to use that to keep me going.

Any ideas anyone, if there a log file or anything i can check?

Regards,
Colin (Church of God, Kilsyth, Scotland).

George
6/22/2015 8:50:59 AM
Colin,

It is tough to say from the info provided so far but if you are able to get in touch with the support team they will be able to take a look at it for you.

I see that you are in Scotland and +7 hours from us so if you call around 3-4PM your time you should get them in the morning.  They can take a look and see what is going on.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙