Version 5.5 > SSP Version 5.5 with SongSelect Online

wardfarm
3/8/2010 7:04:07 PM

Does this 5.5 version of SSP import the lyrics (text file downloads) from the new SongSelect Online?  Also does 5.5 work with XP service pack 3?  Just updating a PC at our church that hasn't been updated in about 4 years, and don't want to load XP sp3 and render SSP useless.

Thanks!

osborn4
3/9/2010 7:43:14 AM
I don't remember if they updated 5.5 for the latest SongSelect changes or not. A quick call to support or sales should give you the answer. I see on the Download page that 5.5 hasn't been updated since December 2005, so somehow I doubt it. CCLI has made some major changes to SongSelect since then.

You should see about upgrading to v7. Lots of new great things, takes advantage of the newest software and there is a level of comfort knowing that you are running supported software.

wardfarm
3/9/2010 11:11:17 AM

Joel,

Thanks for the feedback.  Yeah, I'd like to go with V7, but I'm pretty certain we'll need to upgrade or replace our current PC to do so.  Just have to put a list together and prioritize where we start first, I guess.

akins
3/9/2010 12:56:24 PM
Aside from needing a modestly decent video card, I haven't found that SSP 7 required anything very exotic as far as computing. We're using a five-year old Dell dual-core with 3Gb, XP pro, and haven't experienced much difficulty. Of course, it is possible to bring the PC to its knees -- it has only happened a couple of times to me but that was using multiple videos along with a few motions at the same time. For me, an old computer with SSP 7 would be much preferable to a new computer with SSP 5.5 -- and it will probably be easier to justify a new computer to run the new program than to replace old (but usable) software on a new computer. Just my thoughts -- I don't own any stock in SSP!!

osborn4
3/9/2010 2:38:37 PM
You could download an eval and try it. But, to go back, you would have to uninstall 7 and reinstall 5.5. They cannot coexist on a machine.

If you do this, make sure you have a good backup of your songshowplus directories.

iamgap
3/9/2010 5:59:35 PM

I too would recommed that you backup/archive/zip your current R-Technics folder and install the evaluation of version seven. If the PC cannot handle it, which I doubt, do a complete uninstall of Version 7 and go back to version 5.5.

It is my understanding that version 7 is much more stable, and can function more efficiently on an older machine than version 5.5 can.

roreinhart
6/8/2010 9:47:14 PM
Does anyone know where I could obtain the SongSelect 3.0 program for download. (CCLI doesn't have it anymore.) Our church has misplaced the disk. Thank you!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙