Version 5.5 > Importing Paperless Hymnal in song Show Plus 5.5

dblay
11/22/2011 11:03:36 AM
Can I import a power point file from paperless hymnal into Song Show Plus Version 5.5? When I tried I get the lyrics but no graphics (song notes). I imported the file into song show as a .ppt file. How can I get the song notes and lyrics into song show? I am using an older version of Power Point (2003).

osborn4
11/22/2011 11:47:57 AM
You will not be able to import them as songs. In SSP 7.0 you could import them into a SSP SlideShow as a series of graphics.

I think in 5.5 you can go to the images panel and import the PPT as a bunch of images and then you will have to make those images into slide shows. Or insert the needed images into the program and fire them as you need them.

Or, you can just run it as a powerpoint.

Is this one big powerpoint with all the songs, or is it several powerpoints?

dblay
11/22/2011 12:08:40 PM
Thanks for the info! Each song is in a powerpoint by itself. In SSP I select 'Import; PPT' but I only get the lyrics. Can you tell me what you mean by going to the images panel?

osborn4
11/22/2011 1:55:58 PM
It's been a long time since I've used 5.5. It should be under one of the main menu items (like View or something), along with slide shows, videos, songs, etc.

George
11/22/2011 2:01:57 PM
I don't think export to images was available in version 5 but I could be wrong.

It would be in the slideshows menu if it was available.  The feature is definitely in version 7 though...

osborn4
11/22/2011 2:29:47 PM
I thought SSP had straight PPT to image import before it had PPT to image to slide show import.

He could export the PPT as images from Powerpoint itself. Save as -> other -> JPG. The problem is that older version of Powerpoint would only create 800x600 pixel images, where as SSP would import 1024 x 768, which matched our projector.

He should also be able to just put the PPTs into the slide show folder and show them as PPTs.

And the feature is most certianly in Version 7. During my week long conference, I used it whenever a PPT didn't have any animations on it.

dblay
11/22/2011 2:54:05 PM
I have the 'import', 'power point' option in 5.5. It imports but only lyrics. Also, I tried saving in powerpoint as jpg. However, I wasn't sure how to get the jpg into Song Show. The 'import' option doesn't list jpg.

osborn4
11/22/2011 2:57:39 PM
I'm guessing that powerpoint import you are using must be in the songs database panel.

You can just copy them into wherever the images folder is for you SongShow Plus data. Or there should be some sort of import for jpegs in the images database panel, not songs or slide shows.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙