Tips & Tricks > Cut and Paste with correct format

mike
6/23/2005 6:18:21 PM

If you have been frustrated when pasting  text into SSB because the slide already has the format you want (font, color, size), but when you paste, the result retains the format from the source document; try using ‘Cntl-N’ to paste.   There is an SSB feature that is not familiar to PPT users (that is, it is not standard), but it is extremely useful.  Using 'Cntl-N' to past, rather than  'Cntl-V', pastes the text only, without the text formatting. This has the effect of retaining the formatting of the destination (not the source).

PPT has a similar feature, but it is clunky.  In PPT, to get the same effect, you need to use the mouse, to select the menus: Edit -> Paste Special -> Text.  That is a lot of ‘point and clicking’ to get the exact same thing SSB offers with one ‘Cntl-N’.

This is a very nice feature of SSP that is missed by many.  This feature alone makes the creation of a sermon outline much easier in SSE than in PPT. (Integrated scripture is the icing on the cake)

mike
6/24/2005 6:07:25 AM

I have noticed an issue in SSB that used to annoy me – occasionally, when you paste text into a slide, or bring in scripture, the indents, margins, etc. get messed up.  SSB does not appear to have a feature to correct margins/indents (like the PPT ruler) but to delete the slide, create a new one and start over.

But I have discovered a trick that often repairs the problem. When your margins/indents seem messed up, highlight the corrupted text, click on the ‘Bullets’ button (even though you don’t want bullets) then click the bullets off.  Apparently, when you click the bullets off, the margins and indents are reset and your problem is fixed.

Mike

osborn4
6/25/2005 2:24:29 PM
Posted By mike on 06/23/2005 6:18 PM

Using 'Cntl-N' to past, rather than  'Cntl-V', pastes the text only, without the text formatting. This has the effect of retaining the formatting of the destination (not the source).

Where have you been all my life? Do you realize how much more time I could have spent with my kids these last 3 years, if Ida known about that feature?

OK. That may be a little dramatic. But thanks, really, for pointing this out.

Karen39
6/26/2005 1:00:24 PM

Thanks for the great input!

Karen

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙