Tips & Tricks > Keyboard shortcuts

iamgap
6/27/2005 11:04:29 AM

I am not much of a KB person. My typing skills are of the "hooker" method, but sometimes I do find it more convenient to Ctrl+N to paste in copied text without formatting (can't believe some of you more seasoned people didn't know that). That is the only real KB shortcut I frequently use. Though I did find this weekend that the Num keys come in handy when the MM choses to skip a verse, and you're not near the mouse (and advancing would be distracting).

Anyway, I thought I would start a thread that would make it easier for someone looking for KB shortcuts to find answers. I'll start with a question:

Can someone remind me of the KB shortcut that cues up the highlighted item in the program list? I was trying to use that this past weekend, and couldn't remeber how to do it.

TIA
gap

Kholsinger
6/27/2005 11:31:43 AM

ctrl + alt + space should do it!

Welcome to SSPlash!

mike
7/11/2005 5:32:28 PM
Another shortcuts in SSE: "F5" selects all of the text in the current text frame, similar to Cnt-A in PP.
F5 is very useful when you want to change one or more attributes of the font (e.g., color, underline, etc.)

Mike

cg_00
7/16/2005 7:58:19 PM
Anyone Knows the short cut key for blackout. 

Kholsinger
7/16/2005 8:37:01 PM

The forward slash (/) key blacks out the display. When the product was used by more single monitor users, Doug went through and mapped most of the common controls to the numeric keypad for easy access. These all still work and are listed inside SSP in the Help/contents/numeric keypad controls document

I hope this helps...

cg_00
7/16/2005 8:41:14 PM

Thanks for the hint, now it will be easier for me and my trainees

wasillaag
3/31/2007 1:47:52 PM
Help!! I am not finding a list of keyboard short cuts, or hotkeys, or whatever you want to call them.

Andaurien SNCC
3/11/2009 5:31:34 PM
Does anyone know the keyboard shortcut for the "Clear display toggle" I'm now learning some of the more advanced features of Songshow "at least I'm trying to" but our church uses a mac for music and sermon recording while the PC runs Songshow the keyboard shortcuts would be a huge help! any other usefull tips would be greatly appreciated as i am also training several others to run Songshow

Jem
3/11/2009 5:47:44 PM
"/" = Mute Display Toggle
"*" = Clear Display Toggle
"-" = Retreat
"+" = Advance
"1-8" = Verses 1 - 8
"0" = Chorus ("0" + "2" for Chorus 2 etc)
"." = Bridge ("." + "2" for Bridge etc)

These are the basic controls for displaying items.

Hope that helps.

koop4us
3/19/2009 12:11:46 PM
Speaking of keyboard shortcuts...

Has anyone ever wiped out unintentionally five slides in the text slides builder with a few quick keystrokes?  I have As a caution... for KB enthusiasts like myself... the KB in SSB for "delete slide" = ctrl + delete...   One problem ...  that it is also the KB in most document editors for "delete entire word."   So, while typing a text slide, and attempting to change a sentence, I have wiped out all 20 minutes of work in a matter of seconds, when I really only wanted to delete the last five words I had entered. On top of that... there is no undo!  O be careful little hands what you do....

iamgap
3/19/2009 8:31:13 PM

Can they make a KB shortcut for the Transperant button? It would be really nice, while advancing through a program, to use a KB shortcut to remove the Background Improv item that was selected on the last song.

tyler1012000
6/14/2009 7:18:08 AM
Does anybody know if there is a keyboard shortcut to display a blank slide.  I would appreciate it any help. Thanks.

iamgap
6/14/2009 11:21:48 AM

Either slash key (\ or the numpad /) will blank the screen. The * key above the numpad will remove the lyrics, but will maintain the background.

w#nelson
6/15/2009 8:16:05 AM
Is there a short cut for "r-ckick => insert => blank slide" ?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙