Tips & Tricks > different video backgrounds

sspwiz532
8/9/2005 7:01:20 PM

I know that most of you probably already do this, but this would be a neat thing for all of you who do contemporary services. I found out how to make backgrounds change with the drums. Put the song in more then once and then choose which verses you want per song and add different drum beats. For Example. Say, I am doing Lord, I Lift your name on high. I would add it in 4 times and for the 1st time, add 1st verse, Chorus, then the 2nd time, Chorus, then Verse, then the 3rd time, Verse and Chorus, and 4th time, chorus and verse. Then double hit the plus, the 1st one will make the words change and the next one will make the background change. Then when your drummer does a fill, hit the plus again and it will look like the background changed with the drummer. Also, add no transition. I am afraid this sounds confusing. If this sounds confusing, feel free to e-mail me.

God Bless

-Erik

Lee
8/12/2005 8:21:09 AM
Sorry, I am confused. Sure you can make V1,C be one program entry and C,V1 be another, etc, with each program item having its own background. But then what do you mean by "double hit the plus"? My understanding would be that each "+" would advance to, or within, a program item; say, from V1 to C. But you said no, the first would make the words change (put up V1?), the next would make the background change (put up C?). Sorry, I missed what you meant big-time.

mike
8/12/2005 8:26:15 AM

I too am confused.  It would be cool if you could create a 1 song program, with one of the public domain songs and post it so we could see what you are doing.. I don't think you can do that here though.

Mike

Rod
8/12/2005 8:38:15 AM
Yep,

I didnt quite get it either.

Rod

Karen39
8/12/2005 11:48:24 AM
What I think he is doing is creating 4 different songs.  Each song has its own background.  Then when he hits the plus key, it goes to the next item, chorus, then when he hits it again it goes to the next song . . . I could be wrong. 

nusyo
8/12/2005 3:20:19 PM
hmmm to be able to have 4 diff backgrounds for the same song, u need to have the song saved 4 times (right?) .... I know you can change the background from the properties, but the moment you click OK, the background will change. (can't fade it or anything like that)

It will be cool to be able to change (as you go forward with a transiction) the background for a song, without having to save the song 4 times.

hmmm I think what i said it is as confusing as what spwiz532 said

iamgap
8/12/2005 5:15:42 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but I think what SSPWiz was saying is to put the same song in the program list multiple times, then put different display settings for each one.

gap

sspwiz532
8/13/2005 11:40:23 AM
Karen, you are absolutely correct.

Lee
8/15/2005 6:13:07 AM
Posted By nusyo on 08/12/2005 3:20 PM
hmmm to be able to have 4 diff backgrounds for the same song, u need to have the song saved 4 times (right?) ....

No, you do not need to have the song saved 4 times.

In this thread there is some confusion between songs (in the database) linked to program items (in the program panel). It sounds like the original post is dealing with one song linked into the program four times, with two different verses assigned each program item.

Then you apply the backgrounds to each program item in the program (not song in the database) for the four different backgrounds.

What you can't do is to apply different backgrounds to different pages. Similarly you can't apply different transitions to sequences within the same program item, but by entering separate program items for each song part, you could use different transitions.

The original post also says: "Then double hit the plus, the 1st one will make the words change and the next one will make the background change." As stated it doesn't make sense, something was probably left out?

Again, the part of the drums is not clear - maybe what is intended is that when the drums aren't doing anything notable, one background is used, and when the drums are doing something notable, a different background is used. Sounds creative, but we'd like to know what was intended.

mmax
8/15/2005 7:25:20 AM
I think the key is the verse sequence that SSPWiz532 stated. 

"I would add it in 4 times and for the 1st time, add 1st verse, Chorus, then the 2nd time, Chorus, then Verse, then the 3rd time, Verse and Chorus, and 4th time, chorus and verse."

Notice that each instance of the song begins with the same part that the previous instance ends with.  So in other words, when he advances to the next program item, the words do not change, but the background does.  He just advances to the next instance when there is a fill or something special in the drums.

I think that was where he was going. 

Blessings all.

Matt

rpope
8/15/2005 8:37:09 AM
double clicking the "+" key takes you to the next program item.  Thats why he uses it.  But if you use the verse sequence you want then you can just single click the "+" key on the keyboard. 

Lee
8/15/2005 11:03:10 AM
Thanks, SSP Support guys, I wasn't even close to getting that one right!

Don@RVCF
8/15/2005 3:55:38 PM
I have been "layering" my worship presentations for almost 1 year, and I've become quite adept at creating high-impact visual worship experiences for our congregation.

I had come up against the same barrier as discussed in the previous threads, but, having little success in getting Fowler's cooperation in editing their source code, I decided to get creative.

I began by cloning stock music and editing (separating) the lines of lyrics so as to create more lines of music per song.  Do this editing
gradually since your song database is probably quite large.

It is now common for me to have anywhere from 6 to 10 lines of instruction per song within a program; sometimes I have as many as 60 lines of instruction per program!  Of course, this process may take as much as 2 hours or more to create a program that flows well. But, the effect can be quite dramatic and almost (emotionally) overwhelming for the worshiper.

Whatever you do, please conform to the "enhance but don't distract" principle.  And yes, use the "+" whenever possible to step orderly through your program, but, memorize the other key functions as well.  That way, you can minimize your own (inevitable) distractions that come with running SSP, yet enjoy worship yourself.

Don Jones,
River Valley Christian Fellowship
Yuba City, CA 

sspwiz532
8/15/2005 3:57:47 PM
mmax, thanks for clarifying that up for me and for everybody else. I had one of those moments where I knew what i wanted to say, but could not get it out correctly.

God Bless

-Erik

Lee
8/16/2005 5:55:38 AM
Now the next question for Erik is: what background change is made on behalf of the drummer?  That is, what background style is used during the song normally and what style is used during the fill moment?

I realize it is impossible to verbally describe a video or graphics, at least I couldn't do it, but I thought you might want to take a stab at it anyway since it is a creative idea.

Thanks ...

sspwiz532
8/17/2005 4:40:54 PM

Video Backgrounds are used mostly. You can do the Static ones. During the fill, nothing happens, however after the fill, the background changes, it should look like whenever the drummer hits the symbol, the background changes, kinda like it is hooked up to the computer. What would be real nice is if someone literally hook up a drum set, like get wireless sensors and put on all of the drum heads and symbols and whenever the computer recognizes a fill, it automatically changes backgrounds after the fill is done. Now, for the churches who have electronic drum sets, they could just hook it into the computer and it does it, but i doubt it someone will ever create that nor i don't think a lot of people would use it if they did. I did the multiple backgrounds during Bible School the past 2 years. I got that Idea from Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, KY who also uses (Well, at the time, they used it) SSP. That is how I found out about the trick.

God Bless 

-Erik

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙