Tips & Tricks > Homemade Video Scripture

Lee
8/15/2005 7:18:49 AM

I sprinkle scriptures throughout a "slide" show run as the  pre-service promotional or announcement. It took quite some time to settle on a way to show scripture and this is what I am doing now.

1. Scriptures are selected. I go through a book (Isaiah now, I've done Matthew, I used to work with the Pastor to select passages but that doesn't work very well), selecting four or six verses for each week. Verses that aren't appropriate for display are skipped. Verses that are too long are split. My favorite version is NKJV but other versions may be used.
2. A verse is entered into a text object on a slide, formatted, and edited. (Editing includes removing certain quotes, capitalizing He or Me when appropriate, occasionally replacing awkward phrases with ellipsis, etc.)
3. The text object is positioned on the very bottom of the slide.
4. Clone the slide n times, where n is the number of projectable phrases.
5. Edit the verse in each of the cloned slides to show one phrase, successively, slide after slide. Include one that provides the scripture reference.
6. Enter a rectangle shape, size it to surround the longest phrase. Position it over the text object. Properties are line=none, fill=3-color gradient to give the shape a rounded 3-D look, effects=Bevel edges and Blur.
7. Using the shape's Object Properties, Position, Copy/Paste button, copy the position of the configured shape to each of the shapes on subsequent slides. Repeat for the Fill and Effects tabs (I don't know of a "copy all" capability).
8. Using the Text's Object Properties, Position, Copy/Paste button, copy the position of the configured text object to each of the text objects on subsequent slides. You may need to Bring To Front on the text object.
9. Apply appropriate video clips to each of the slides. Often I use different video clips for each phrase, and often a video clip will span more than one phrase; whatever is appropriate.
10. Pick your favorite transition for the 1st slide in the series, use Replace transition for the others.
11. Set the transition time to 1, 2, or 3 seconds, depending on the phrase, mostly 1 or 2 seconds.

When played back you have a "video" playing with a nice-looking scripture text on "the lower third".

Lee
8/15/2005 7:32:06 AM
An example from last week:

Is 49:15
Can a mother - 2 sec clip of newborn with unbilical cord
forget the baby - 2 sec clip of newborn being cleaned
at her breast and - 1 sec continuation
have no compassion - 2 sec clip of the newborn crying
on the child - 2 sec clip of big sister holding the wrapped newborn
she has borne? - 3 sec continuation
Though she may forget, - 2 sec clip mother playing with baby
I will not - 2 sec clip scene with sun showing permanence of day/night.
forget you! - 4 sec continuation

Only with SSP!

Lee
8/15/2005 8:01:26 AM
Note you don't need to spend time and recreate text boxes and shapes from segment to segment, or week to week. Once they are set the way you like them, simply copy them.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙