Version 8.1 > Can Version 8.1 do this?

cegarrett
10/14/2014 3:04:52 PM
I'm still running Version 7 and not really in a big hurry to upgrade to version 8.x due to the fact that I'll still have to install version 7 to keep all of the bibles I have in Libronix & Online Bible but I'm slowly warming to the possibility. I've always wanted to run two or three screens of the program in different configurations. can Version 8.x do this? Let me explain.

I like the ability to have background improv and color improv change the background of the program out to match the color of the stage as the lighting changes but only want to do this when in "full screen" mode (use page-by-page in display properties) . I also want to to be able to do a chroma-key output of maybe 2 lines at a time that can be put over live video in our switch. Is this something that can be done with all of the outputs in SSP now. I also need this to automatically change the correct screen as I click next (three clicks of next on the line-by-line output updates the verse-by-verse output). 

Another request that I constantly get is the ability to put the next slide up while the current slide is there side by side or on top of each other.

if this is possible i'd need three outputs of the program as follows:
1) Main output full screen page-by-page out put with color improv and background improv
2) Overlay screen maximum-lines per slide with solid non-changing background (ignores changes to background improv and color improv)
3) Stage monitor shows current main output and/or next step (or at least first couple of lines for the next step) on a single output.

George
10/14/2014 5:19:08 PM
The short answer is no - it will not do all the things you listed at the same time....

The longer answer is it will do some of what you want...

SSP WILL support multiple displays (4 total)
SSP WILL allow you to set the background (and other properties) differently for each display. 
SSP WILL do chroma-key output for text over live video but it requires the DeckLink setup and is only supported on the main display (Display 1)

SSP can accommodate both your examples of output 1 and 2 - just not at the same time.  More specifically, at present there is no way to advance the same content (song lyrics) in two different configurations (Page by page and max lines) with the same advance trigger.
You can use the stage monitor to show two different background configurations at the same time but if the Display Lyrics settings are different it will behave badly.

There is currently no way to accommodate your 3rd display scenario.

akins
10/14/2014 7:58:11 PM
Another request that I constantly get is the ability to put the next slide up while the current slide is there side by side or on top of each other.

I keep asking this and generally get the answer "yes." But then the description of exactly how it can be done throws me. I don't care to have slide images other than "next" and "Current."

George
10/15/2014 9:03:57 AM
Dick,

As I understand it, what you are asking for is not the same as what Christopher is asking for....

You want to see the thumbnails for the current and next slides in the Media Control Panel. This is possible and there are a few different options for the way this is displayed. 

Christopher wants the the current and next slides displayed on a projected output at the same time.  This is not an option.

Either of you can correct me if this is not accurate.

cegarrett
10/15/2014 11:08:57 AM
Dick,
George is correct on what I'm looking for.

George,
I figured I could use projection and stage display to get Full Screen and Max lines per screen respectively is this possible?
For output three is there a Full screen version of the Next media control thumbnail that i could use? Or is that something that would have to be requested in the wishlist?

Can you please explain multiple displays for me can I have multiple displays of the same program or just 4 different Programs?

George
10/15/2014 1:07:39 PM
Christopher,

You can use the Projection/Stage pair to display the same thing - yes.  You can also set completely different slide properties for each. 

The problem comes into play when you try to mix the Display Lyrics settings for these two.  For example, If you set Projection to Verse by Verse and stage to Max Lines, the first advance will get you what you want - the entire verse on one side and the fixed line(s) on the other.  As soon as you click advance or the + key both will advance to the next verse rather than just advancing to the next part on the Stage Display. This is because the Stage display is designed to follow the selected Primary.

I did play with this a bit and if you are really on top of it you could make it do what you want.

You would have to switch the control focus from the Projection Display to the Stage Display at the proper time and then trigger the advance.  Very high maintenance and high risk for errors - but possible.  FYI - This was just a brief test and is in no way a supported feature.

As far as the full screen display of the next media item - not possible at this time but could be a wish...

On Multiple Displays - Yes 4 projected displays max and one for each program unless Stage is uses as one of the displays - this of course displays the selected Primary/Stage as a pair.

cegarrett
10/15/2014 2:54:02 PM
Thanks for your explanation of this it seems to be very close just not quite there.

I'll submit this as a wish and see where it goes from there.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙