Version 5.5 > recommended Video Card

unionumc
7/14/2005 6:41:06 PM
I the past I have seen the GeForece FX 5600 256MB as a recommended basic card for the new visual features.  I have seen a FX5500 256MB dual output on sale.  I thought this might be a good temporary upgrade.  Does anyone have an opinion?

Lee
7/14/2005 7:25:16 PM
Well, there are a few interesting comments (regarding new cards) on the SSPlog that you might want to check out.

Karen39
7/15/2005 5:59:19 AM

Yes, I would definitely hold out and purchase one of the new cards if possible.  There are exciting changes coming up in version 7.0.

Karen

Steven
7/15/2005 3:54:03 PM
A good rule of thumb for buying new video cards is to realize that the typical "gamer" spends $150 to $250 on a video card.  SSP taxes the video card in ways games usually decide aren't possible - so that price range is a good starting point.  If the card costs less... it does less.

cg_00
7/16/2005 7:33:19 PM
i would suggest an agp version of the Geforce 6600.  you can go to newegg.com, they have very good prices. no body can beat them.

if you plan to upgrade your pc, you then can get the Pci-Express version.
Dont look at the Fx series, go ahead and go for a 6XXX series

I have a Fx 5200, i does a good job for SSP 5.5, but for SSP 7.0, go with the above

Karen39
7/16/2005 8:07:27 PM
Are you with Songshow Plus?  Will that card definitely work with 7.0 for sure?

Karen

cg_00
7/16/2005 8:22:41 PM
No i am not with SSP, but from my experience,  i am ashured that it will work with SSP.

Why would SSP not support a major Graphic card Supplier such as Nvidia or ATI? You cannot go wrong with either companies, they WILL work with SSP. No doubt

As long you buy the most current graphic card, ie. Nvidia: 6xxx, 7800 GTX series or ATI: X800 or up, You will be ready for Ver. 7

As for memory, more the merrier. But 128mb would suffice, if you cannot afford more.
Warning: the 6XXX series comes in AGP and Pci-Express. Make sure that you buy the right one.

cg_00
7/16/2005 8:34:28 PM
unionmc: if you give me your computer spec, and your budget, i could help you plan your upgrade. and weather you are considering Ver. 7

Kholsinger
7/16/2005 9:04:37 PM
Steven (one of our graphics programmers for SSP) Has posted some advice in his SSPlog.
Unfortunately a blanket statement that any current NVidia or ATI card would work will not suffice. We test each card carefully before recommendations are made. We have found that certain cards do not perform as expected. For instance while we used to recommend Matrox cards, they currently are not up to speed on the requirements we need. If you are looking for a new card (Especially on the eve of V7)  please look at some "official" thoughts link

cg_00
7/16/2005 9:26:27 PM

I did not say any Nvidia or ATI card would work. (if the above was subjected to me )

but what i said is in line with comment steven (one of your graphics programmers for SSP)

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙