Version 5.5 > Corrupted Visualization

cg_00
7/14/2005 9:10:28 PM

Hi, In advance i would like to thank anyone who helps me with this problem.

I have downloaded vis 1 and 2. It was about two years ago, and now my Pro modules account has expired. about two weeks ago, our main porjection systems got infected with a virus.

it affected all .exe programs and now they would not run. i am wondering weather i can get another copy of this two vis. Legally. if i cant, i want to know my options.

again thanks.

oh, and also

i have bought this program when it was ver. 5.3, now can this code b work with ver 5.5?? or must i install ver 5.3, then upgrade to 5.5 

ps. is it very laggy for anyone else, to use this the forums. ????  just typing this topic, is a pain in the  ...

Kholsinger
7/15/2005 12:13:37 AM
Call tech support (1-800-729-0163) and they will verify when your Pro Modules expired and what modules you are eligible for and send them to you. You "own" Pro Modules up to the point of expiration. You just do not get any new ones after that point  Obviously with V7 coming you should renew your subscription to take advantage of more new cool stuff now out and coming soon! This will get you current to 5.5 as well.
 Also the obvious for everyone is back up to a network or portable HD all of your essential SSP files including installation files...  I also use Norton Ghost to mirror a clean install on all of my machines for under $100 it is well worth it!

Kholsinger
7/15/2005 12:32:23 AM
BTW what exactly are you having difficulty with in the forum posting? We are always trying to improve, but not apparently understanding what you are having a hard time with??
The text editor? The upload lag once you click to post?

Thanks for the input!

cg_00
7/15/2005 10:42:49 AM

ok, thanks

ps. it takes some time to type. ie when i type, the letters dont appear quickly. they take some time to respond to my keyboard input. When scrolling, not very smooth

it just might be my machine, but i taught i might just point that out

iamgap
7/15/2005 11:55:50 AM
Posted By Kholsinger on 07/15/2005 12:32 AM
BTW what exactly are you having difficulty with in the forum posting? We are always trying to improve, but not apparently understanding what you are having a hard time with??
The text editor? The upload lag once you click to post?

Thanks for the input!
I too experience problems on my non-SSP 750MHz PC when using these boards. The best description I can give is that it is like typing on a remote PC using a program like Tivoli or SMS.

Does this board operate on the PC using java? If so, that may be why, as I cannot install Sun Java VM due to its incompatibility with the version of Remedy on the Web my employer uses. That means I have to use an old and unsupported version of MSJVM.

gap

Lee
7/15/2005 2:09:19 PM
No, it probably is not your computer. It seems as if the keyboard echo is making a round trip to the server, rather than the client echoing to its screen.

Karen39
7/15/2005 2:34:17 PM

Ok, I was going to say that I haven't had any trouble with typing in these forums, but this time when I type, I do notice a slight lag.  It is just very slight on my computer though. 

Karen

Reid
7/15/2005 3:58:23 PM
I want to apologize for all the reports of slow response and lag time on this forum.   I am looking into it and trying to narrow down what the problem might be.  Also, when you encounter this slow behavior it would be helpful if you would please e-mail me and let me know what time it was that you encountered it, what browser it is that you are using, and any more details on the behavior you are seeing.  Thanks for your patience....  rsandros@rtechnics.com

Karen39
7/15/2005 4:04:44 PM

Ok, will do!

Karen

iamgap
7/16/2005 12:23:50 PM
Posted By Reid on 07/15/2005 3:58 PM
I want to apologize for all the reports of slow response and lag time on this forum.   I am looking into it and trying to narrow down what the problem might be.  Also, when you encounter this slow behavior it would be helpful if you would please e-mail me and let me know what time it was that you encountered it, what browser it is that you are using, and any more details on the behavior you are seeing.  Thanks for your patience....  rsandros@rtechnics.com
I believe it is PC related. I have this pieced together PC with a 750MHz pIII connected on my home network, and it has some SERIOUS lag.

Sat, July 16, 2005 1423edt

gap

iamgap
7/16/2005 12:25:45 PM
Posted By Reid on 07/15/2005 3:58 PM

This is from my work laptop connected to my home network. It is a basic Dell D600, and there is minimal lag.

Sat. July 16, 2005 1425edt

gap

Karen39
7/16/2005 5:57:07 PM
I'm typing from a fairly new Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop I own and there is some serious lag here so I don't think it is the PC.

Karen

cg_00
7/16/2005 7:25:30 PM
i have a pIII 866. Look how the subject changed..........

j/k

Karen39
7/16/2005 8:05:12 PM
Yeah, aren't we supposed to be moderating this? 

Reid
7/20/2005 2:32:41 PM
So, I'm going to move this discussion about lag problems over to the 'Wave Pool' 

cg_00:  I hope Ken answered your question satisfactorily, if not feel free to clarify your question and post again.

cg_00
7/20/2005 4:59:13 PM
yes good, i got it.....

Also thanks the SSP Team for fixing the Forums.      Hip-Hip Hurray !!!!!!!!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙