Version 8.1 > Screen size too large

mfalk57
11/11/2014 6:48:44 AM
In Photo Slides Assistant after clicking on "Select Images", I am brought to the "Select Doc or File" page.  This page is too large.  The bottom options are consistently cut off or covered up by my task bar.  In order to see "Select" or "Cancel" I need to maximize the "Select Doc or File" window each time.  This is very confusing to my volunteers who cannot find the "Select" button.  I would like for them to be able to see the "Select" button without needing to maximize the window first.  Can something be done to help with this?

George
11/11/2014 9:01:56 AM
There are two things that you can do for this....

What resolution do you have your display set to that you are editing from?  If the resolution is too low then it will make many of your windows "too big".  You should have a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 but we recommend at least 1280 x 1024 for a decent amount of desktop space.

You are also able to re-size the Select Doc or file page and the re-size should be remembered.  This feature was updated not too long ago so make sure you are on the current build of 8.1.  Simply grab the corner and re-size to fit.

If this does not work contact the support team so they can take a look.

mfalk57
11/11/2014 9:12:50 AM
My resolution is 1920x1080 so that wasn't the problem. Regardless, I resized it per your suggestion and it does remember it. Problem solved.

Thanks for your awesome support with 8.1. It is great to be able to get answers and solutions to stuff like this so quickly. I'm loving the new features in 8.1.

George
11/11/2014 10:09:59 AM
Another curiosity given the resolution that you are using...

Do you have your DPI setting set to something larger than default?  This can also affect the placement and appearance of certain buttons.

mfalk57
11/11/2014 10:44:06 AM
The DPI setting should be at the normal default. I'm not familiar with a DPI setting anyway.

George
11/11/2014 12:46:40 PM
OK...

At that resolution many times the system OEM will change this.

You can double check this by going to the start search and typing "make text larger"  this should give you a link to the Display setting in the control panel.  The default should be "Smaller - 100%" but sometimes OEMs set this to "Medium - 125%" which can mess with dialog layouts.

As long as things are working for you, you do not have to change this just be aware it can cause issues.

If it is set to 100% then you are fine.

osborn4
11/14/2014 5:25:38 PM
In Windows 8.1, I believe "normal" is 125%. That's what I found with my laptop and I had to set it to smaller to get 100%

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙