Mobile Apps > unable to connect

ksingletary
12/29/2013 8:43:50 AM
I just purchased the mobile control app for my Ipod touch and it is seeing my projection machine but is not able to connect.  I can type in the ip address in a browser window on the projection system and it brings up the control interface.  I have been able to type the ip address into my ipod in safari and it used to work, but now it doesn't work either (was not working before I installed the app but has worked within the past few weeks.  No other changes on the system.  Same router (netgear 2000).  The only thing that changes is the ip address which I had been manually changing in order to type it into the browser.

George
12/30/2013 12:08:06 PM
Kevin,

There are a variety of things that can cause connection issues for the Mobile Control. 

If you have not already, please review the KB articles regarding this - there is a lot of good info there that should help.

That said, your description seems to imply a network issue that is not allowing the IP connection to the system.  The fact that it is listed says that the beacon is working and listing the system.

I would look at the router for Wireless Isolation settings or something similar.  This is a safety protocol that will allow wireless devices to "see" the internet via wireless but blocks other machines, in this case the SSP system.

ksingletary
12/30/2013 3:00:48 PM
I spent a great deal of time looking at the router settings and do not see network isolation as an option and a review online makes me think this model does not have that option.  It also does not explain why I used to be able to connect through the browser.  I did unplug the router to reset it, but maybe I didn't leave it unplugged long enough for it to completely reset.   I will give that a try next time I am at the Church.  We have had some issues with this router recently where it would show up on your device and look like you were connected but you could not get on the internet without unplugging it and letting it powerup back up again.  I am able to get on the internet this time, but cannot connect to my desktop running SSP, so maybe unplugging it again for longer this time will fix it.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙