Mobile Apps > Does anyone use the Mobile App?

tnanock
10/18/2014 10:30:36 AM
Just curious, if anyone uses the mobile app?  The last post in here was January and there are very few reviews for the IOS or Android version.  I was wanting to hear about other user experiences, pros and cons, etc.

Thanks,

Kim

cegarrett
10/22/2014 8:55:15 AM
We use the mobile app (iPad version) I run the program from the computer but the Sound/Lighting guy handles the backgrounds via Background Improv and Color Improv on the iPad. Also when needed he can advance the program.

The moble apps are only for presentation you can't, as far as I know, create a program or slideshows. You can, however, jump to a specific place in the program. overall it's a great presentation tool. but, it doesn't replace the control panel on the computer.

iamgap
10/23/2014 6:16:50 PM

Funny you should ask. I recently wanted to use that in our Homecoming service, but couldn't get it to work. I assumed it was because of a weak wireless signal and wireless isolation mode blocking it. Not until I put the system back into its normal location, and it still failed on a hardwire, did I learn that it has to be turned on in SSP8. IIRC, it just worked in SSP7.

When I use it, I just use the IP Address connection and the mobile app and next button. When using the Desktop app (I think that is what it is called), you get an image of every step in the program. While this is nice, it can take a while of scrolling to jump a few items (more than just steps) in the program. This is truly a great app, and I am glad we have it as an option.

tnanock
10/31/2014 6:18:51 PM
Well, I went ahead and purchased the app for the Ipad and tried it out last week. It connected and worked great! Really wanting it for adding songs "on-the-fly" at the end of services which it does do. Just can't figure out how to filter out all the songs that came in the SSP database or at least filter by typing instead of scrolling through alphabetically?

Thanks!

Kim

fbcgoshen
12/7/2014 9:19:02 AM
The presenter version does not work on my Motorola Droid Maxxx. It used to work great under ssp7. It works fine on my Asus Nexus 7. I even tried ssp remote it did not work on the droid maxxx either. like to use during rehearsal or when i am alone in the booth.

George
12/8/2014 10:07:14 AM
Please elaborate...

What does not work?  Will it not install/launch or is it just a particular function that is not working?

What Android version is on the Maxxx?  What is the Android version on your Nexus 7?

fbcgoshen
12/8/2014 11:56:47 AM
The maxxx is running android 4.4.4. I don't know what the nexus 7 is running I don't have it with me at the moment. 

The maxxx installs and loads the program fine but it will not find the Song Show Plus machine. the network settings on the machine are obviously correct as the nexus works just fine. I have tried to force it with the IP address and port and also just let it try on its own, neither work. 

Thank you
Dana

George
12/8/2014 1:49:54 PM
I see.

You may want to contact the support team if this persists so they can take a look.  This may just be a setting on the device.  I assume that you have the phone connected to the same wireless network as the system and your Nexus, correct?  If one device will find the system and others will not it is usually a device issue.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙