Tips & Tricks > Scripture

andycool22
4/29/2006 9:33:33 PM
Does anyone have any good ideas for displaying Scripture in slideshows (SSPSS)?  We use The Message Bible in our contemporary service, and haven't purchased any kind of program to easily collaborate with SongShow and toss the scripture text right in.  I copy and paste from biblegateway.com, and format it all in a SSPSS.  This is sometimes time-consuming, and takes a bit of tweaking to display how I want it.

Is there anyway to put the whole entire text in a slideshow, and then have the text wrap to a next slide when it fills one slide, at a certain font size?

We're considering the Online Bible, as it has The Message.  Anyone have good experience integrating it with SongShow?

Also, when I've played around with SongShow's scripture mode in the past, with the King James version, it seems to only display one verse at a time. Is there a way to change this?  Maybe you wouldn't want more than one verse at a time.........not sure.

Andy

Rod
4/29/2006 11:43:58 PM
Posted By andycool22 on 04/29/2006 9:33 PM
Does anyone have any good ideas for displaying Scripture in slideshows (SSPSS)?  We use The Message Bible in our contemporary service, and haven't purchased any kind of program to easily collaborate with SongShow and toss the scripture text right in.  I copy and paste from biblegateway.com, and format it all in a SSPSS.  This is sometimes time-consuming, and takes a bit of tweaking to display how I want it.

Is there anyway to put the whole entire text in a slideshow, and then have the text wrap to a next slide when it fills one slide, at a certain font size?

We're considering the Online Bible, as it has The Message.  Anyone have good experience integrating it with SongShow?

Also, when I've played around with SongShow's scripture mode in the past, with the King James version, it seems to only display one verse at a time. Is there a way to change this?  Maybe you wouldn't want more than one verse at a time.........not sure.

Andy
Online bible is a good choice for your scripture. It works great with ssp and ssb. you just need to download the promodule after you install your bible software.

I dont make slide shows for our scripture, I just enter the verses directly into our program, to enter multiple verses just hold down the shift key and goto the last verse, just below the scripture you will see the option of adding each selected verse (per slide) or all selected verses per slide, etc..

So much quicker then making a slide show.. However.. if you are making a slide show.. when you click on the text box the drop down menu will give you an option for adding scripture, or right click on the slide and select "add" the "text" then "scripture". this allows you to drop scripture direct to the slide without copy / paste...

once you get your scripture happening you wont know yourself.. we often throw up alot of scriptue on the fly..

remember you can adjust all the display properties global and per item for scripture as well.. but you cant tel it to display 2 verses per page etc unless you enter that way..

Hope this helps
Rod

osborn4
4/29/2006 11:46:32 PM
Online Bible works real well with SSP. There are several of us that use it.

There is no way of automatically having a long scripture break across slides. But you can select a text box and insert Bible verses directly, any versions that you have availabel in SSP.

You can show multiple verses on a screen in SSP. On the fly, you can select the first verse then shift click the last verse (all must be within the same chapter). Then below the verse list is an option to show the selection one verse at a time or all verses on one slide.

You can read more about scripture control in chapter 6, starting on p. 84, of the user manual.

andycool22
4/30/2006 2:48:25 PM
Thanks for all the info!  King James is the only one that came with SongShow, and that's not what I want to use.......The Message is what we use.  Looks like the Online Bible would be a good pick.  I'll look into it.  Thanks for the info also, on selecting a verse, and shift-clicking it.

Just yesterday I got the line-break feature in verses to work.  I would put in line breaks but they would still all show on the same slide.......I found out I had to change from displaying verse-by-verse to display line-by-line, then it inserts the line breaks as REAL slide breaks.

Definitely love the program!   It makes creating the show a much less time consuming task, and makes it a lot easier for our operator to work with situations on the fly.

Andy

osborn4
4/30/2006 2:54:21 PM
Glad you're finding the program useful.

Remember, after you install the Oneline Bible, you'll need to install the Online Bible Promodule from SSP to get them to talk together.

Then the Online Bible will start automatically when SSP start up.

iamgap
4/30/2006 4:38:01 PM
Also note that you should open Online-Bible at least once with each profile before opening SSP. If you don't, you will not be able to use the Online-Bible feature in SSP until you close and re-open SSP.

Karen39
4/30/2006 7:29:24 PM
We use online bible every time we use SSP.  I put together the sermon slides for the week, but I add the scripture into the program under the slides.  I don't insert them into a slide.  This way SSP formats them and everything fits on the screen very nicely.  You can insert them by using the + key and then the operator just has to + through them.  It is soooo easy! 

Lee
5/5/2006 5:37:51 AM
Posted By andycool22 on 04/30/2006 2:48 PM
......I found out I had to change from displaying verse-by-verse to display line-by-line, then it inserts the line breaks as REAL slide breaks...
You probably meant page-by-page, since line-by-line does just that whether or not a page break character is present.

andycool22
5/5/2006 7:08:16 AM

Yep, I meant display page-by-page, not line-by line =)  Thanks for the clarification!  Hope I didn't confuse anyone =)

Andy

dela
9/11/2006 10:35:41 PM
I may have posted our solution in the wrong place. In the SSP V7 forum, I described how we treat Scripture as a SSP Song. Paste the scripture test into verse 1 of a newly created song. Solves several issues we had with displaying scripture nicely and easily.

http://www.ssplash.com/Forums/tabid/76/forumid/15/postid/6191/view/topic/Default.aspx

dreece
9/12/2006 12:35:56 AM
I just moved your "tips" post to this forum.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙