Mobile Apps > Fire OS version?

osborn4
3/2/2018 12:56:20 PM
I don't know what is involved, but have you considered a Fire OS version? I just picked up a Kindle Fire tablet for a little bit of nothing and I'd love to run the SSP app on it

Also, do you still have a web version? I'd like to be able to use my Windows tablet.

Thanks.

George
3/6/2018 5:38:36 PM
Joel,

We are not testing/deploying specifically for Amazon tablets however if the Play Store is available on your device you may be able to get it. 
The Fire OS is based on Android but it is custom so it is unclear.

If you do try it let us know how it goes.

RE: Web Version - The new SongShow Mobile Control does not have a browser interface though we are considering a Windows App version.
What device(s) are you running Windows on?  (FYI - if it is ARM based, probably not...)

osborn4
3/6/2018 7:21:05 PM
You have to hack a Kindle Fire to load Android store apps and those are really rough. The Fire is only a 6" screen, which isn't that much bigger than my phone.

The Windows 10 tablet is an Atom processor.

Thanks.

yehoshua
10/21/2018 11:33:05 AM
One option may be installing "Apps2Fire" on your mobile device. This can be used to install device programs on a Fire TV Streaming Stick across the network. It might work for the tablets; I haven't checked. This is probably the easiest solution, if it works.

There are also a couple websites out there which will access the Google Play Store and download the APK files from Play directly. I don't have the one I tried bookmarked, but it shouldn't be too hard to find, but be careful, to. I *think* the one I used is https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/.

Dino123
1/2/2019 11:37:49 PM
Posted By yehoshua on 21 Oct 2018 11:33 AM
One option may be installing "Apps2Fire" on your mobile device. This can be used to install device programs on a Fire TV Streaming Stick across the network. It might work for the tablets; I haven't checked. This is probably the easiest solution, if it works.

There are also a couple websites out there which will access the Google Play Store and download the APK files from Play directly. I don't have the one I tried bookmarked, but it shouldn't be too hard to find, but be careful, to. I *think* the one I used is https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/.

I agree with you.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙