Tips & Tricks > How Do I... Add Live Video?

bobegods
5/18/2006 1:01:41 PM

Hello Smart Song Show People,

I have a question: How do I add a live video feed to my playlist? Or is this even a possibility? I have a standard video camera that supports S-Video outputs and my computer supports the inputs. If this is possible, how do I make the computer and Show Song recognize my camera?

I hope this made sense. If not, I'd be happy to explain myself further. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Please reply to this and send an e-mail to my address: bobegods@yahoo.com

Any and all help is recommended. Thanks

Bo Lane

osborn4
5/18/2006 1:19:58 PM
Do you want text over video or just live camera shots?

bobegods
5/18/2006 3:59:15 PM
Either. But I can live without if I have to. I was thinking about switching back and forth... or maybe just live video with words on top. Any suggestions?

osborn4
5/18/2006 4:03:28 PM
I've never done this, but I know that there is a place where you have to add your video device to SSP. It's around the DVD and video icons on the database panel.

Then once the device is added, you can select Motion Background for any object and then select Video Device, if you scroll past all the visualizations and right before Video File at the end.

Hope that's enough to get you started. Others here are much more knowledgable than I am on that.

Rod
5/18/2006 7:37:35 PM
You do need to add a video device, before you can select it..

To do this go to the video devices panal.. (little Camera icon.. between video and images icons in database panel).

You will need a compatible Capture card, video device.. then follow the instructions to add it..

after you have added it.. you just goto video devices and click the + button to add it to the program or go to motion backgrounds select video device..

If you are having trouble with this I would suggest a call to tech support
http://www.ssplash.com/Support/tabid/79/Default.aspx
they will be more than happy to help..

I have also passed on your email to them..

Hope this helps
Rod

bobegods
5/21/2006 12:10:59 PM
Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to work on it today. Thanks again.

Lee
5/22/2006 9:48:44 AM
Actually, I played with 'video' Saturday and couldn't get it to work. I can call up Tools > Live Video (that menu entry won't exist if that ProModule does not exist) and display the video images just fine. Note the Live Video works over something else such as a song even when it uses motion backgrounds.

But when I insert a Video program item (from Databases > Video Devices panel) then right click > Edit Item Display Prooerties > Motion Background > Video Devices and select my device, it won't display anything.

It would be nice to have it work when you want the camera to be the motion background and put text over it. Note that is drfferent from the Live Video module.

Doug mentioned something about it working or not working depending on whether or not the Live Module is installed. I brought up the Live module, but the Video item didn't work. Then I killed the Live module, and the video item still didn't work.

Therefore if you figure out what it takes to get the Video program item to work, please post it.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙