Version 8.1 > Locking Content on Stage Display

estministriesmedia
12/7/2014 11:26:57 AM
Hi! 

So I have my stage display all set up and it works wonderfully, but I am wondering if there is a way to set it up so the content I'm displaying on Display 2 (that's my stage display) stays there while I continue to run other program features on Display 1 (my primary display). 

What I am attempting to do here is set up a timer to display on the stage display at a certain point in the service, while still being able to display scriptures, songs, whatever else on the primary display, without the stage display mirroring the changes. 

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? 

George
12/8/2014 10:18:22 AM
Yes - You can do this.  It is actually pretty straight forward.  

Your stage display is just assigned to one of the available displays, in your case Display 2.  If you select the Display 2 database you can project whatever content you want there. In this case it will behave as an independent display. When you return to the main content (Primary Display) Display 2 will automatically switch back to Stage Display mode.  Note - This change takes place with new content and will not switch when returning mid-song.

FYI - the numbered buttons at the far right of the database toolbar are used to switch the display 

estministriesmedia
12/28/2014 6:39:59 AM
oooh okay. that makes sense.

but i wouldn't be able to keep the content on display two when i change to new content on display one, which is what i was attempting to do. something to add to the wish list, i guess.

wotz
12/28/2014 1:10:31 PM
I haven't tried this since a few versions ago, but could you keep it on display 2 and use a phone or tablet remote control function to advance display 1?

George
12/29/2014 10:48:40 AM
In this case it appears you are trying to blend features of Stage and Multiple displays...

By design, the Stage Display will be updated when the primary display changes.  If you want the second display to remain when you advance, you can either set it as a secondary display rather than Stage or externally use your projector freeze function to hold the content until you are ready to move on.

estministriesmedia
1/4/2015 11:11:53 AM
Ah, I hadn't thought of that.
Thanks!

kladner
3/22/2015 4:34:47 PM
If you are only wanting to put a timer up you can use the instant message feature in the improv collection panel. I put a timer on the bottom right of the stage display using this feature every week.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙