Version 5.5 > Bible Version default

Rod
8/7/2005 6:47:30 AM
Hey everyone.

I think I have asked this before on the old forums but couldn't remember the answer..

Is there anyway to get SSP to remember the NIV as the default bible version when we select scripture as each time we open SSP it reverts to KJV.

I keep getting our operators being caught putting in scipture from the KJV instead of NIV as they forget to select NIV (when first inputting scripure each time the program is opened) as our older versions used to remember NIV and stay at that setting unless changed if I remember correctly.

I am using Online Bible.

Thanks
Rod

iamgap
8/7/2005 8:41:27 AM
Posted By Rod on 08/07/2005 6:47 AM
Hey everyone.

I think I have asked this before on the old forums but couldn't remember the answer..

Is there anyway to get SSP to remember the NIV as the default bible version when we select scripture as each time we open SSP it reverts to KJV.

I keep getting our operators being caught putting in scipture from the KJV instead of NIV as they forget to select NIV (when first inputting scripure each time the program is opened) as our older versions used to remember NIV and stay at that setting unless changed if I remember correctly.

I am using Online Bible.

Thanks
Rod
I believe that setting is in OnlineBible. If I am remebering correctly, you have open OnlineBible by itself and change the default preferrences there.

gap

Karen39
8/7/2005 7:33:57 PM
Ohhhh, that would be great!!!  Our operators always get caught with the 1769 bible instead of the New King James bible.  I'll have to look for it.

Thanks!

Lee
8/8/2005 7:14:07 AM

Call up OnLine Bible itself and look for the Preferences button (there doesn't seem to be an equivalent menuitem), or press F9 (a built-in short-cut). On the Versions tab, in the Default Versions list, select the desired version and click OK.

The first time I did it, SSP came up with the King James version. I went back to OLB and verified it was correctly set (it was), then I tried SSP again, and now it comes up with the selected default version.

Thanks for the tip - it seems to work, but since I had to do it twice I hope nothing causes it to revert back to its old days!

Rod
8/8/2005 7:56:46 AM
Thanks for that..
I knew it could be done, just couldnt remember how..

Thanks Rod

mike
8/8/2005 1:00:42 PM
Posted By Rod on 08/08/2005 7:56 AM
Thanks for that..
I knew it could be done, just couldn't remember how..

Thanks Rod
Outstanding! I just put up King Jame this past Sunday when the speaker was reading from another version.   I think that is very distracting to the people sitting in the pews, it is to me.

Thanks for the tip!

dreece
8/8/2005 8:33:29 PM
SSP is supposed to remember which version you last used.  I have found that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I have added this issue to our defect tracking system (i.e., the to-fix list).

Karen39
8/9/2005 6:10:05 AM
I have never encountered SSP remembering which version I last used. 

mike
8/9/2005 9:52:39 AM
SSB always remembers which version I used last.. I have found it interesting that SSP does not.

tim-bot
9/10/2006 12:52:15 PM
if it helps you any, the only time i get the bible version reverting to another version is after another user on a different windows user acount runs ssp, so when i get into it again it has reverted to usually the authorized version. hopefully that will help.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙