Tips & Tricks > Powerpoint slides with Audio

ctiger
5/26/2006 7:56:57 AM
Hello to all! I'm new around here and relatively new to SSP.  We have our VBS (Arctic Edge) coming up and there is a Powerpoint slide on the disk provided that has the audio to go with it.  When we tried to get it to play in SSP, we couldn't hear anything.   Any suggestions?  I right-clicked on the menu item and looked at the audio properties and they looked good, they were all set at 100. 

Without creating a new thread, any suggestions on how to use Powerpoint alone without using SSP?  We're using the dual workstation and we can't get it to project by itself?  If you could direct me to a previous post, that would be helpful also. Thanks in advance!

Karen39
5/26/2006 8:04:40 AM
I wasn't aware that any of the ppt files for Arctic edge come with audio, I'll have to try that out.  I have the disc also.  Anyways, we're running a ppt Sunday because it has some transitions that won't run properly in SSP.  What we have done is this:  go to slide show, set up show and select 2nd monitor and leave it open.  Then, open SSP and do whatever.  When you need to get back to the ppt, click on it on your taskbar and then click the icon at the bottom of it to run the show.  I don't know about audio though.  Have you tried running the ppt not in ssp to see if the audio will work?  Are your computer sounds turned on?  We always keep the projector computer muted and then have to turn the sounds back on.  When you're done runnning the ppt, click on SSP on your task bar and it will pop back up and project as usual.  It is really cool how they can share projecting now. 

Let me know if this has helped you. 

ctiger
5/26/2006 10:49:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to try them out. Yeah, we were able to hear the audio in the PowerPoint presentation, just not when it was brought into SSP. The audio begins right after the pledges I believe. I'm not real sure, the worship leader has the disk.

We keep the computer audio on at all times - we just mute the channels on the soundboard.

osborn4
5/26/2006 11:13:16 AM
We keep it off on the sound board, but we've also turned off all "Systems Sounds" in windows settings. Nothing like the wonders Windows startup .wav coming through the sound system after a crash. Or even the DingDong of a memory stick being plugged in.

karona
5/26/2006 4:41:57 PM
What version of Powerpoint are you using?

karona
5/26/2006 4:46:40 PM
To run powerpoint with a dual monitor system: In PowerPoint, go to the "Slideshow" item on the menu, then select "Setup Show"

Then on the "Show on" box, select whatever monitor you want the show to display on.

Karen39
5/26/2006 7:08:18 PM
Ha, we keep our computer sounds off also because just when you least expect it, you will hear a computer sound.  As a matter of fact, 2 weeks ago my son text messaged me on my cell phone and asked me if I was using the mouse.  He said he could hear it clicking over the speakers. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙