Version 8.1 > Motion Background issues

GreggorMac
12/7/2014 2:00:11 PM
Hey guys, has anyone else had issues with their motion backgrounds cutting in and out? Today was the first time I noticed it. The file is a .mpg, which we have used before. Any thought? 

George
12/8/2014 10:20:17 AM
Can you elaborate more on the behavior and how you are using the backgrounds?

You may want to contact the support team for a look.  If you are able to repeat this at will, that would be best case.

osborn4
12/23/2014 5:39:56 PM
Sometimes updating your video drivers help random problems like this.

HudsonAndRick@bigpond.com
12/23/2014 5:57:15 PM
This might be relevant. I sent in this support request this morning about WMV videos: I am using SSP 8.1 and want to be able to play WMV video files which used to play right through on SSP7 but now work for only the first part that can vary from 30 seconds to 1 minute 40 seconds before the screen goes blank. The media control window does flicker a bit and I can't make it restart where it left off by using the play and next step buttons. This is the same on Windows 7 Workstation and the windows 8.1 production licence systems. Loop and Playback settings are not to loop but play the entire clip. When it happened at Church last Sunday, I thought it might have been a glitch in the file but the file played right through on Windows Media Player on the Windows 7 machine and on Power DVD on the Windows 8.1 machine. I have tested it on clips that have worked when I played them in SSP7.

iamgap
1/11/2015 8:20:55 AM
Posted By Casuarina Uniting Church on 23 Dec 2014 05:57 PM

This might be relevant. I sent in this support request this morning about WMV videos: I am using SSP 8.1 and want to be able to play WMV video files which used to play right through on SSP7 but now work for only the first part that can vary from 30 seconds to 1 minute 40 seconds before the screen goes blank. The media control window does flicker a bit and I can't make it restart where it left off by using the play and next step buttons. This is the same on Windows 7 Workstation and the windows 8.1 production licence systems. Loop and Playback settings are not to loop but play the entire clip. When it happened at Church last Sunday, I thought it might have been a glitch in the file but the file played right through on Windows Media Player on the Windows 7 machine and on Power DVD on the Windows 8.1 machine. I have tested it on clips that have worked when I played them in SSP7.

I have recently been having this same issue. I thought it was a problem with the computer, as it was riddled with malware, so I rebuilt it. After the rebuild, it continued doing the same thing. This was happening with WMV files I have been using for years, but was not happening on newer videos. I am not sure if this is a complete solution, or if it is a solution at all, but the one common thing I found with the videos that abruptly stop is that they all have a width of 320 pixels. Part of the reason I question this is that some 320 pixel files play end to end. Those that stop abruptly will stop anywhere in the middle, but most stop between 2 minutes and 3.5 minutes. These also may have been created with a 'free-ware' file converter, as a year or so ago I started using Windows Movie Maker to convert files that would play in Windows but not SSP.

kladner
1/18/2015 5:52:53 PM
We are having the same issue. Our video is .mpg file. It doesn't happen all the time just random.  It seems to be on the announcement slide only and we have rebuilt that slide show from scratch and it still happens.  We are on version 8.1 and updated video driver.  The computer is the GFX Pro Bundle.
Thanks,

George
1/19/2015 10:24:19 AM
All,

To reiterate my previous response....

In these cases it is necessary to contact the support team so that they can observe the behavior you are having.  Ideally, if the behavior is repeatable then we can get the content in question and replicate it locally.  Outside of that it is difficult to speculate on the possible cause of this behavior. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙