Tips & Tricks > Making duplicate words apparent

akins
7/1/2006 11:22:09 AM
Sometimes I break lyrics into pages in order to make the writing larger on screen. Normally, it is no problem to figure out where I am  since the words from page to page are different. With some courses there is one or more repititions of the same phrase and I have gotten lost as to which one I'm on since they all look the same. Now I put one space before the first word of every other page. This way there is a subtle shift in the words allowing me to see that I have changed pages. Maybe others have found something better; if so, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Dick

osborn4
7/1/2006 12:10:21 PM
If it's the same exact words on a page, we just leave the same page up and edit out the duplicates.

iamgap
7/1/2006 2:03:29 PM

We do a combination. We eliminate duplicates, but still set an order with it repeated. We have too many people that are used to plussing through the songs, so they just hit the plus key at the last word or two.

Of course, these plusser can take half of a verse to find the correct verse when an impromptu order change catches them off guard.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙