Version 8.1 > Bible translations

bcoley
1/28/2015 11:25:28 AM
Hi,

It's been five years since our church last upgraded its version of SSP, so please forgive the simplicity of the following question regarding our deployment of version 8.1.

In our previous version - installed on an XP machine! - an old version of Libronix Bible software provided access to several Bible translations. As I understand it, SSP has changed the way it implements Bible translations, so I doubt that Libronix is still a solution.

From other forum posts I know about Online Bible, which we are willing to purchase in order to access the NLT version for use during worship (extra royalty, I realize). Once we purchase Online Bible, what are the steps we will need to take to integrate it with SSP? Is there an Online Bible-specific SSP plugin that must be purchased/downloaded? Does SSP tend to hiccup when installing new Bible translations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Coley

p.s. I suppose I should ask whether there are any other options when it comes to integrating additional Bible translations into SSP.

dreece
1/28/2015 12:48:51 PM
The NLT is available as a plug-in for SSP installations. You don't need, nor should you buy, Online Bible to do this. The NLT plug-in is an additional purchase, but it doesn't use Online Bible.

Clennon
2/23/2015 9:54:17 AM
As a followup question to this for translations available, my church currently uses the Common English Bible very heavily.  Is there any chance that could be made available as a digital version?  Or possibly an interface with BibleGateway.com?

bcoley
6/3/2015 2:20:32 PM
Posted By Doug Reece on 28 Jan 2015 12:48 PM
The NLT is available as a plug-in for SSP installations. You don't need, nor should you buy, Online Bible to do this. The NLT plug-in is an additional purchase, but it doesn't use Online Bible.

FINALLY getting back to this thread, delayed by the fact that our deployment of 8.1 has been greatly slowed. Apologies.

My understanding of the finances of the respective purchases is that we can bring additional Bible translations into SSP via Online Bible cheaper than we can through the SSP plug-ins. At two translations, the costs between the two approaches are the same ($50), but from the third translation forward, Online Bible saves $20 per addition.

I know how to buy the NLT plug-in. I hope someone will clarify the steps for connecting SSP to the Online Bible.

Many thanks,
Bill

bcoley
6/4/2015 1:08:23 PM
Posted By Bill Coley on 03 Jun 2015 02:20 PM
Posted By Doug Reece on 28 Jan 2015 12:48 PM

FINALLY getting back to this thread, delayed by the fact that our deployment of 8.1 has been greatly slowed. Apologies.

My understanding of the finances of the respective purchases is that we can bring additional Bible translations into SSP via Online Bible cheaper than we can through the SSP plug-ins. At two translations, the costs between the two approaches are the same ($50), but from the third translation forward, Online Bible saves $20 per addition.

I know how to buy the NLT plug-in. I hope someone will clarify the steps for connecting SSP to the Online Bible.

Many thanks,
Bill
Because I have to do conduct a team training session tonight, I decided to purchase the NLT plug-in. As a result, I no longer have a pressing need for a response to this Online Bible issue.

It would still be nice, however, were someone to provide details on use Online with SSP (unless SSP is no longer compatible with Online Bible, in which case it would be nice if someone would post that).

Thanks.

akins
6/6/2015 12:02:20 PM
It would still be nice, however, were someone to provide details on use Online with SSP (unless SSP is no longer compatible with Online Bible, in which case it would be nice if someone would post that).

Ditto for QuickVerse. I've heard that some versions work and some don't. Maybe an extensive list of all possible Bible software that can be used with SSP.

George
6/10/2015 10:51:45 AM
Hi Bill - sorry for the delay.

SongShow Plus 8.x has no native support for any of the legacy plug-ins.

That said, Yes, there is a way to get Online Bible to work with SongShow Plus Version 8.x. There is a section in the User Guide that covers this called "Legacy Plug-ins" and it is also covered in this KB post.  This requires the installation of SongShow Plus version 7 (Reminder - SSP 8.x allows side by side installation with other versions) in order to work and there are additional posts on the 8.0 section on this.  Basically if you get is set up and working in Version 7 then it will work in Version 8.x.

George
6/10/2015 10:57:57 AM
Dick,
To your question - there are various KBs already in place that cover the scope of support for all legacy plug-ins.

That said, there are no 3rd party bible packages that have native support in SongShow Plus 8.x.

akins
6/11/2015 8:39:54 PM
there are no 3rd party bible packages that have native support in SongShow Plus 8.x.

and there is no joy in Mudville tonight :--(

mfalk57
6/12/2015 5:15:16 AM
I can understand why SongShow doesn't want to mess with all these 3rd party vendors. The plug-ins SongShow provides work great for me and are reasonably priced in my opinion. I can't imagine many churches use more than one Bible version. Plenty of joy here in Michigan.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙