Version 8.1 > Upgrading from old SSP to 8.1


Buhl Christian Church
2/15/2015 1:48:49 PM
I created a backup of our current SSP and most of the information transferred to the new version.  However, the songs from the old SSP are not recognized by the new SSP. The old SSP has a .ssong that the new SSP doesn't recognize.  How do I get SSP8.1 to recognize the old songs or convert the old songs to a format that SSP8 recognizes?

2/17/2015 9:36:42 AM

Our expectation is that songs working in previous versions of SSP should work in version 8.x.

That said, there are a few questions:

When you did your back up how did you do that?  Did you use the SSP Backup/Restore tools or did you copy the files manually?

When you say that "The old SSP has .ssong files" did you really mean  .sbsong file?  .ssong was never a valid SSP song extension. 

Are you saying that some of the songs do not work or none of the songs work?  If you are getting no songs that it may be a problem with the restore path.  If some songs are working and others are not, it may be related to the original source of the songs.

The songs that you had before - where did they come from?  Were these all entered manually in the SSP database in earlier version of SSP or were these imported from somewhere else - perhaps SongSelect/CCLi?

If you can answer these questions we may be able to resolve the issue here.  If not, your best bet is to contact the support team so they can take a look at what you are working with.

Buhl Christian Church
2/17/2015 10:09:46 PM

I used the Backup/Restore tool to create my back-up files.

I don't have the song-show program in front of me as I ask the questions so I guessed at the file designation. .sbsong sounds correct.

None of the songs are recognized by 8.1.  There is a library of songs with 8.1, but the "songs" we have manually entered aren't migrating to 8.1

Our current version is 5.5? I believe.

The "back-up" identifies our "songs" as "media files", but "media files" isn't an option for "restore" in 8.1.  I have networked the two machines together and I can use the new machine (windows 8) to find the songs on the old machine (XP).  When I try to manually migrate, I have to change the default file type (in the bottom right corner of the screen) to "all files" to get the screen to populate.  However, SSP 8.1 says it doesn't recognize that file type so it rejects them.

If you need any more information, I will be glad to provide it for you.
Thank you for your attention. 

2/19/2015 4:41:53 PM
Hi again Gary...

So it sounds like if no songs are being recognized at all there may be a bigger issue here.

Please contact the support team when you have time and they can take a look and see what is going on.  If they are not able to resolve it they will get me involved.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙