Version 8.1 > Strange display of songs

Yagabu
2/15/2015 7:00:50 PM
Has anyone had a song display differently then the others? I just installed the 8.1 version, loaded the songs for today's service and all but one song displayed fairly correctly. I have noticed a size difference in the lyrics from the old V7. In V7, they were larger and more visible. V8.1 they are smaller and the same display settings as V7. If I run V7 with the same songs, everything is big and readable, and in V8.1 it seems the size has been cut by like 20%.

What happened today....all the songs lyrics are set to bold, auto size etc.... Same properties for all the songs. Now one song refused to display in bold. It was not that the lines were too long causing it to shrink, or too many lines. This song actually had shorter and fewer lines then the others. I tried removing and re-adding, restarting, nothing worked. It just did not like this song. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Greg

iamgap
2/16/2015 8:27:46 AM
Posted By Yagabu on 15 Feb 2015 07:00 PM

Has anyone had a song display differently then the others? I just installed the 8.1 version, loaded the songs for today's service and all but one song displayed fairly correctly. I have noticed a size difference in the lyrics from the old V7. In V7, they were larger and more visible. V8.1 they are smaller and the same display settings as V7. If I run V7 with the same songs, everything is big and readable, and in V8.1 it seems the size has been cut by like 20%.

What happened today....all the songs lyrics are set to bold, auto size etc.... Same properties for all the songs. Now one song refused to display in bold. It was not that the lines were too long causing it to shrink, or too many lines. This song actually had shorter and fewer lines then the others. I tried removing and re-adding, restarting, nothing worked. It just did not like this song. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Greg

Did you check the individual song's properties? If someone previously made settings to the song, instead of making changes in the program, it will become permanent for that song no matter where it is displayed from.

Yagabu
2/16/2015 12:46:06 PM
I didn't see any on it, but I will check again. It was just really strange that any changes to the display properties of it were not working....ie. reduce the song display margins, text location, etc....When I unchecked the shrink to fit tho, the size changed like it was supposed to.  The song database is shared by both version 7 and 8.1, no conversion has been done. The song displays properly in V7. 

Anyway....I will double check when I am there again.

Greg

George
2/17/2015 8:59:58 AM
Greg,

First - I would agree with Garry's suggestion of looking at the Slide Properties specific to the song.  If it was saved to the song in the song database then it would override all other settings.

Second - Regarding the text size in general.  Version 8.x has had changes to the text rendering engine so there may be a slight change in displayed size for the same setting.  That said, 20% seems like a lot.  I would check the Slide Properties to make sure there is not an extra margin setting or something that is pushing the size down.

Yagabu
2/18/2015 4:44:00 PM
I found a font style in the program on the song where the Bold option was not checked.

George
2/19/2015 4:38:05 PM
Posted By Yagabu on 18 Feb 2015 04:44 PM
I found a font style in the program on the song where the Bold option was not checked.

OK great - What about the margin thing?  Does it still appear to be 20% "off" from the prior version?

Yagabu
2/26/2015 3:57:38 PM
That seems to be resolved also, I haven't done much to check on that since the one setting seems to have helped.

Greg

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙