Version 8.1 > The simplest, most trival question:

akins
2/17/2015 8:18:25 AM
I still use vs. 7, but am slowly trying to learn all the new stuff in vs 8.1 (and 8.2). I have spent much time just trying to put the image of the present program item in some one of the monitor display areas (this is a workstation), but haven't been able to. I have searched the blog and the forums and even the more or less defunct help without success. The immediate question is: how to get the item displayed? The broader question is: how would someone find this information? I've been using SSP every week for 10 years, how would a newbie figure this program out? Hopefully, there will be a up-to-date and complete help section forth coming with the  program itself and/or online.

George
2/17/2015 9:24:14 AM
Dick, 

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?  You say you can't put an image in the "Display area" - what "Display area" are you referring to? The Embedded Display?  Media Control? Display Window? Stage Display?

Does anything else besides an image display in your "Display area"?  

Do you have one or multiple Display outputs enabled?

The issue you are having may be related to your Display Settings setup so I would check there as well.

When in doubt, contact the support team.  They would be happy to walk you through any issues that you are having.

akins
2/17/2015 1:16:20 PM
Wow, fast response ;-)
In vs. 7 (without doing anything except downloading and running) in the "Display" panel I have whatever would be projecting if this wasn't a workstation. Next to that is the "Media" panel, which in my case shows the Titles only. I'd like the same thing in vs. 8., 8.1, and 8.2.

George
2/19/2015 4:45:04 PM
Dick,
It sounds like there are just some settings off.

Instead of me guessing what those are I would recommend that you contact the support team so they can take a look at your setup and see what adjustments may be needed. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙