Tips & Tricks > Mouse Click Vs Number Keys ??

KBlack
11/24/2006 7:33:08 PM
Hi, I am curious to see what you use the most to move through SONGS during a service or show:

Do you use the MOUSE and click on the "Present" button () to diplay a song

OR

Do you use your keyboard NUMBER KEYS to go through a song (0=Chorus, 1=Verse 1, etc)

OR Perhaps

Do you use a mixture of BOTH????

~ Curious Kirsten
(Who incedently mostly uses her Number Keys.)

twj
11/24/2006 9:59:15 PM
I always use the mouse (don't know any of the shortcuts). My son often uses shortcuts. He is the main SSP user in our youth services.

Lucas
11/25/2006 6:12:04 AM
I use both to sync background changes etc..

Sometimes I will be doing Verses (keyboard) while another person will be using the mouse for backgrounds..

Mainly for youth services

Lee
11/25/2006 7:18:17 AM
I think all our operators prefer the + key.

Our musicians thoroughly rehearse down to the precise number of times an ending is repeated, therefore the operators don't need to deviate from the programmed verse sequence.

An exception is during the reading of scripture verses; ocassionally verses are skipped and the operator needs to react.

osborn4
11/25/2006 2:30:20 PM
I use the + key, when things go as programmed and the mouse when I need something out of sequence.

We have operators that use almost every combination available.

I find I can worship most freely while projecting when I can rely on the + key. With the mouse, just a few millimeter drift can cause a misfire. The plus key doesn't drift.

Jkelley
11/26/2006 10:16:43 AM
I use the mouse and the little V1, V2, etc. icons at the top. I like to see what the verses say before I advance to them.

iamgap
11/28/2006 5:46:53 PM

Ditto with Joel and a little with Lucas. + through the planned stuff & mouse on the unplanned, and then mouse on the Plug-ins panel.

rkresge
11/29/2006 1:19:26 PM
Rarely do we use EITHER the mouse or the numeric keypad number keys to sequence through a song (or much of anything else).  We spend a lot of time in rehearsal making sure our song sequences are set up the way the Praise Team plans to do them, which lets us use the Plus sign ("+") on the keypad to sequence from step to step.

The only time we use either the mouse or the number keys  (my personal preference is the number keys)  is when the WL changes things on the fly and we need to show something out of the planned sequence.  Some of our operators use the mouse, but my own preference is the number keys.

Roger

KBlack
12/3/2006 11:12:12 AM

Wow, what a variety of responses. Thanks!

I usually use the Number Keys during a song then the mouse to move from song to song and the + key for slides. 
I don't go to the band rehearsal so I have to be on my toes for quick changes.
However, when I am teaching someone to use SSP I really only teach them to use the mouse (but to be careful with what they are clicking on) and to use the + key to go through a song or slideshow. If anyone gets used to SSP enough, then I show them the shortcut of using the Number Keys for songs.

~ Kirsten

osborn4
12/3/2006 12:28:19 PM
Posted By KBlack on 12/03/2006 11:12 AM

I don't go to the band rehearsal so I have to be on my toes for quick changes.

I can't imagine not going to rehearsal. We consider the projectionist a member of the band. I've caught several mistakes, including the wrong song in the program and chorus variations added, because I always attend rehearsal when I'm the projectionist.

I don't mean to preach , but if you can make rehearsal, try it a few times and see if you don't have a better presentation and (minimally) a more relaxed time doing the presentation.

Oh, and you will still need to be on your toes for quick changes.

KBlack
12/3/2006 1:03:25 PM
I think because I work in the church office and have constant dialog with both our pastors and our worship leader that I've become very adept at getting song lists and service orders enough ahead of time for me to check any songs I'm unsure of.
When I make the Programs lists for each service I double check all the songs for spelling and if there are several songs with the same or similar title I check that too.
Only once in a while does our worship leader add a new song on the fly during a service, since the band would have to know it well, and it only takes me a couple seconds to search by phrase and find it.
If there is a discrepancy between the way the band phrases a chorus and what I have in SSP I change it right then, at least by the time we come back to the chorus. I've had several people tell me later they liked knowing that I could change the words so fast.
Honestly, if I felt I needed to be at the band rehearsal, I would go.
When we had a worship choir last year, part of my office hours included going to the choir rehearsal so the choir would have the song words on the two TV we set up for them, and also so they wouldn't rely on printed sheets as much. Our choir just started up again so I'll have to speak to the new Worship Leader to see if he wants me to be there.

If and when I have a larger team of media projectionists I would encourage them to go to rehearsals.

Thanks for the response!
~ Kirsten

TpDg38
2/15/2007 9:26:01 AM
I use the mouse. I just like the V1, V2, and C1 buttons that you can click and have them right there! I used to use Power Point to do songs and i hated the fact that there wasn't that easy a way to switch between two slides with four slides between them. so, i really like the verse, chorus, and bridge buttons

wasillaag
3/31/2007 1:17:58 PM
Can anyone direct me to a list of the keyboard shortcuts... I've been looking in the users guide with no luck

emilysingz
7/9/2007 10:39:38 AM
I haven't been able to find a list of shortcut keys either, so I had to test until I found a few...I hope this helps

The numbers on your keyboard correspond to the verse numbers through #8

Example:  Verse 1- "1"

Chorus 1 is "0"
Ending is "9"
Bridge is "."
clear text but keep background is "*"  This is a toggle key
Black screen is "/"
Expand program item is the left arrow key
Collapse program item is the right arrow key

I would love it if anyone figures out a shortcut key for chorus 2,3,4 and bridge 2,3... these keys help a lot if you need to skip around really quickly!

kishateko
7/9/2007 2:28:53 PM

chorus 2 is while pressing and holding the"0" also press the "2" key (the 2 will be pressed just slightly after the 0 key) and then release as normal

chorus 3 uses the 3 key and so on

the bridges work the same way only substitute the "." key for the "0" key

osborn4
7/10/2007 6:54:25 AM
In the User Guide (Support > User Guide) look in Appendix A, SongShow Plus on a Single Monitor.

Much of this is documented there.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙