Version 5.5 > Video and slide show loops

craigbb
9/17/2005 7:07:37 AM
Hi everyone,

Can any of you experts out there tell me how I can take a video file
(mpg) and let it loop with my "welcome" slide show and hear the sound?
ie. slide 1 - slide 2 - mpg file (loop and start over)

I  can get it to display the video if I use it as a background and
change the time to match the length of the video.
However, I cannot get the sound to play. If I use it as a seperate
item in the program list I can click on it and it will play just fine.

Rod
9/17/2005 9:16:55 AM
Unfortunately V5.5 currently does not support audio playback from with a slide show.

The New V7 will hopefully support this feature, It does say that it will include "video Chaining" that as I understand will allow several video clips to be added then run as a continual looping video roll.
http://www.ssplash.com/Version7/tabid/55/Default.aspx

The work around for the moment is to either edit all the video clips into one clip in a Video edit package like "Adobe Premiere" then play the clip from ssp, unfortunately you still need to restart it once it has finished.

The other work around is to not use sound, just use the Video as Backgrounds and play some "Pre service" music etc.

I also think you should post this on the wish list for V7
http://www.ssplash.com/WishList/tabid/56/Default.aspx

Hope this helps
Rod

Lee
9/17/2005 4:31:15 PM
Yes, video clips work from SongShow Plus but can't loop groups of them, and video clips show and loop from Builder fine but don't play audio.

Adding a clip-looping capability to SSP would be useful if it was implemented in a particular way, and using Adobe Premiere to combine clips is OK but doesn't help if you need several video clips staggered in an SSB "announcement" show (with the rest being home-made promotions and various other type segments that change weekly).

Stick around; someday Builder might have a way to include audio (maybe even audio files) when playing clips through ssp. Currently I avoid graphics almost entirely (in both SSP and SSB), yet must use clips only as silent backgrounds. I've noticed many users still use graphics files, even in Builder. Maybe such a capability will encourage users away from graphics into a true video-like show.

craigbb
9/18/2005 12:05:40 AM

Thanks for the input.

Though it appears it will not work the way I was hoping, It keeps
me from spending hours of scratching my head.

Again, thanks for the advise!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙