Version 8.0 > Legacy Song Databases

dreece
5/31/2013 11:24:14 PM
Please note that legacy song databases are not likely to work in this build. At this point, it's unclear what the eventual support for these components will be for version 8.0.

gulliverbag
6/2/2013 8:48:03 AM
There needs to be some type of conform utility or upgrade path for the old database. Song show itself doesn't need to be backwards compatible but there should be some type of external utility or converter for the old database.

dreece
6/2/2013 9:34:38 AM
I should clarify. By legacy I am referring to the modules that support SongSelect 3.0, Worship software, and SongBase, products that have been discontinued by their developers for some time. Also, the MS Access-based User Database that we provided some time ago.

The native song database, which is made up of individual song files, is supported. No import is necessary. You just need to take care when modifying a song file if your also still using version 7 since the modified file will no longer be compatible with version 7.

George
9/20/2013 2:51:05 PM
The 09/19/2013 build brings back the ability to access SongSelect 3.0 and should allow the use of other legacy tools that are supported currently is SSP 7. 

Of note here is that, currently, for these to work you must have SSP 7 installed along with SSP 8 for these items to work in SSP 8.  SongSelect 3.0 has had some quick tests on it and more are in progress. 

Legacy plug-ins have all the same restrictions with SSP 8 that they did with SSP 7 and any KB articles covering their use should apply for SSP 8 as well.  If you find issues let us know and we will determine if this is new or existing behavior and if it will be addressed.

PastorTim
7/22/2014 2:25:33 PM
Glad to hear that SSP 8 will use SSP 7 song database. Here's my situation. We were running SSP 7 on a Windows XP installation. We bought a bigger, faster hard drive and installed Windows 7 and SSP 8 on that new hard drive. I have the XP drive installed as a secondary. Is there any way to get the song database from SSP 7 on the secondary hard drive to be installed and used by SSP 8 on the primary hard drive?

George
7/22/2014 3:13:06 PM
Tim,
The easiest way is to go into SSP 7, run backup on the songs, then go to SSP 8 and restore.

That should get you everything in the right format

PastorTim
7/22/2014 3:18:13 PM
Thanks George, that was my first instinct but I couldn't find how to run a backup.

So the good news is that in SSP 8 the songs list was unpopulated. I have both hard drives connected and, as I said, SSP 7 on the secondary. In SSP 8 when I selected Songs and clicked on a letter to display songs, it came up and said something about rebuilding the database and all of our songs were there! Some of our special graphics came over when I selected an existing project. The only thing that is missing so far is slide backgrounds. I'm working on getting them ported over now.

"Slight" delay as Windows 7 had 36 updates to install before it would shut down. Taking a long time to get them done.

I'll update everyone when I get everything updated in case someone else has a similar question in the future.

Buhl Christian Church
2/15/2015 8:23:55 PM
We upgraded from SSP5 to 8.1 and the songs we manually entered over the years are not recognized by 8.1. What steps need to be done to recover the data?

George
2/17/2015 9:38:23 AM
This is addressed in the OPs other post here.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙