Version 8.0 > Legacy Scripture Database Support

dreece
5/31/2013 11:27:02 PM
Please note that legacy scripture databases are not likely to work in this build. At this point, it's unclear what the eventual support for these components will be for version 8.0.

George
9/20/2013 2:48:09 PM
The 09/19/2013 build brings back the ability to access Online Bible and should allow the use of other legacy tools that are supported currently is SSP 7. 

Of note here is that, currently, for these to work you must have SSP 7 installed along with SSP 8 for these items to work in SSP 8.  Online Bible has had some quick tests on it and more are in progress. 

Legacy plug-ins have all the same restrictions with SSP 8 that they did with SSP 7 and any KB articles covering their use should apply for SSP 8 as well.  If you find issues let us know and we will determine if this is new or existing behavior and if it will be addressed.

iamgap
9/21/2013 8:19:01 AM

How do I get SSP8 to use Online Bible? The Update is not enabled, and a reinstall did not allow me to choose options. It also did not auto detect it. 

Nevermind the above. Figured it out.

When displaying an "Online-Bible" verse from the Media Files control, as soon as I move the mouse from the small little box, all the books, chapters, and verses disapear. They can be restored by reselecting that bible. Adding verses works as expected. Displaying an Entire Chapter from the Media Files control also works without issue. This does not happen with built-in bibles.

bjlee50
5/10/2014 12:15:28 AM
Has anyone been able to get Quickverse Bible working in version 8?

dreece
5/10/2014 1:57:46 PM

bjlee50
5/10/2014 3:34:47 PM
I saw that Doug. I had version 7 running for some years with quickverse niv Bible being accessed through it. However when I installed the latest version of 7 some months prior to the release of version 8, I was no longer able to access the quickverse bible. I still have that version of 7 running but neither it nor version 8 appear to have any way of accessing quickverse.

George
5/13/2014 12:35:01 PM
Barry,

There were only certain versions of QuickVerse that were supported, mostly older ones, as the support from them dwindled from version to version.

There are several KBs on QuickVerse, the level of support and tips to get it to work.

If you can get it to work in SongShow Plus 7, it should work in SongShow Plus 8 on the same machine.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙