Version 8.1 > Issues playing mp3

newhopechapelmedia
3/29/2015 9:12:11 AM

Running SSP 8.1 and trying to play mp3 files (pads attached to song lyrics). Get the following notice: File not supported: C:\Users\Public\Documents\R-Technics\SongShow Plus\Audio Files\WT-Pads\08 - Key of E Pads.mp3. Reason: The audio codec used by this file is not supported. Solution: Try converting the audio file to another format.

When trying to play the audio standalone, get: Unable to present audio file: 01 - Key of A Pads / MP3 Audio File (.mp3). Reason: Content is missing or unusable.

Files play fine in Windows Media. Anyone have a similar problem or ideas? Thanks! Frank (New Hope Chapel)

iamgap
3/30/2015 4:23:36 PM

Because of licensing issues, SSP doesn't always use all the codecs that are available to Windows. That aside, I think I experienced this when I had a MP3 that was created with the "Copy protect music" checked. If you ripped this from a CD, make sure you have permission to rip the files to computer, and then uncheck "Copy protect music" in the RIP Options.

If the file was purchased/received in electronic format, and it has copy protection, you may have to burn it to an audio CD and then rip it to remove the copy protection. Again, this should only be done with permission.

gap

George
3/31/2015 4:34:03 PM
I agree with Gary's assessment.  

If you find that this is not the case then you can contact the support team so that we can get a sample of the file that is not working for further review.

newhopechapelmedia
3/31/2015 6:49:37 PM
Thanks! I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know...

newhopechapelmedia
4/5/2015 8:03:16 AM
That fixed it. Thanks! I imported the files into Audacity and re-exported and all is well.

iamgap
4/6/2015 4:11:49 PM

:thumbsup:

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙