Version 8.1 > Slow Loading

downeyflo
3/29/2015 11:11:16 AM
I searched and couldn't find anything on this....

Recently upgraded to 8.1 from 7. I have two machines. A Desktop Win7 that just has workstation SSP installed (not licensed) I build the programs here and then display it on my licensed copy on a Win 7 laptop.

Generally have had no problems with 8 except for one. Everyone once in a while it takes FOREVER to startup and load. I mean like 2 or 3 MINUTES. Don't know what is happening. This can happen on both machines. Seems to happen on the laptop more often. Maybe after a reboot it is really slow? The system monitor doesn't show it using a lot of CPU, usually 1% (I have some pretty good multi-core machines). I can see it is growing in memory size VERY SLOWLY. Sometimes it runs really poorly after this too. Glitches on video. Closing it and restarting has fixed it every time so far.

Usually after this happens if I close the program, it restarts just fine the next time.

The laptop still have SSP7 installed, if that matters. The desktop does not have SSP7 installed anymore.

Is it checking the songdatabase or something?????

Any help would be appreciated. Afraid a reboot might be needed in a service and having to wait several minutes would be a killer.

wotz
3/30/2015 12:04:07 AM
We've had that problem for a while. I usually end up killing the process and starting it again.

downeyflo
3/30/2015 5:56:29 AM
That's what I do to Alister. However, most of the time, it doesn't start any faster the second time. I just need to wait that 2 or 3 minutes and let it come all the way up. If I close it (or kill it) after it is up, it's fine. It will start quickly. That's what makes me think it's actually checking something like a database or something.

akins
3/30/2015 8:26:19 AM
Same problem. After a minute or so I hit ctrl-alt-del and about the time the Task Manager starts SSP will finally come up.

George
3/31/2015 4:25:48 PM
To All,

Do any of you have the "open previous program on start" option selected?  Depending on what is in the program this can take a bit and would explain the gradually increasing memory use.  On load, SSP process and verifies everything in the loading program..

If it is a blank program it should not take 3 min to open.

If the latter where is the delay?  Before the SSP logo? after with the progress bar?

More info will help.

downeyflo
3/31/2015 5:06:45 PM
I do NOT have the Open Previous Program on Start selected. It opens with a blank program.

The delay for me is before and after the SSP logo. Usually by the time the progress bar shows up it seems to be up to speed.

akins
3/31/2015 6:07:40 PM
I don't have "load previous program on start" check. I can't remember exactly where the wait occurred, but I think it was between the logo appearing and the progress bar appearing -- I'll check that out further.

wotz
3/31/2015 10:51:56 PM
I do have it load the last program. I'll try it out tomorrow with it turned off.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙