Version 5.5 > DVD Playback/Conversion

shalom777
9/25/2005 9:35:15 AM
I can't seem to get DVD playback to work out of SSP. It gives me an "unspecified error" and just displays black. I can see the DVD's and preview and register the clips, but that's it. What I've been doing is using a freeware utility called MPEG Streamclip - http://www.alfanet.it/squared5/mpegstreamclip.html - (a Mac-only utility) to convert DVD's to MPEG2 clips, copy them to the SSP PC and play them that way. I actually prefer this method, and was wondering if anyone else is using a similar method. If so, what applications are you using for the DVD conversion process.

iamgap
9/25/2005 11:08:54 AM
I have used the trial version of Ulead Toolbox. When I have a need to do it again, I will purchase the full version. It seemed to do a much better job than other utilities, and the price is reasonable. I don't know if they have a MAC version, but I bet they do.

gap

wardlap
10/4/2005 6:45:53 PM
We use AVS Video Converter.  I downloaded it from tucows.com and I think it was around $40 to register.  It can convert the dvd files to a bunch of different file types such as mpeg and avi.  I prefer to use a mpeg rather than the dvd pro module.  The dvd pro module has been very unstable for us.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙