Version 8.5 > Copy-Paste in this window??

akins
12/9/2018 11:40:02 AM
Is there some way to copy text from a word processor and paste it on this screen??
I've tried several things to no avail.

George
12/10/2018 10:01:02 AM
I wanted to clarify to make sure I did not miss something but I am assuming you are referring to the post window on the SSPlash website.

Assuming that is correct, there should be no difficulty doing a copy/paste from any supported content (pretty much anywhere you can select and copy text) to the dialog box - I do it all the time.  The "go to" method is selected and copy with the mouse and right-click paste but you can also use the CTRL- C/V as well and the CTRL/SHIFT -Insert options.

akins
12/14/2018 7:59:05 PM
Hummm. I just copied (ctrl-c) the text of my inquiry and started a new
post and then pasted (ctrl-v). Nothing happened!!

George
12/17/2018 12:04:34 PM
Huh...  That is odd.  I assume that you have checked your clipboard operation and can use the same commands to copy elsewhere.  It could be a browser thing as well. What browser are you using and have you tried a different one?  Other machine maybe?

Whatever it is, it appears to be localized.  I am not aware of any forum settings that would specifically prevent that.

akins
12/20/2018 11:58:58 AM
copy/paste works fine everywhere: Win 7, Firefox.
I'll try it at home on Win 10 and let you know.

akins
12/26/2018 11:54:33 AM
copy/paste works ok for "quick reply" but I get nothing
in this edit window.
Also, are the emoticons (smiles) on the right supposed
to be used? I clcik, drag, etc. with no result.

akins
12/27/2018 9:50:05 AM
WIN 10, FireFox 64.0
I just now copied (ctrl C) my previous message and then came
here and pasted (ctrl V) and rt. click paste ---
no result, nothing, nada.
"Smiles" (to the right) seem to be useless.

George
12/31/2018 9:53:34 AM
Well Dick - that paste behavior for you is really odd - not sure what to tell you....

As far as the "Smiles"  - I believe those are just examples.  If you hover over them you get the text equivalent, but they don't "do" anything when you click them.

Ironically, I was able to copy/paste them....  

akins
1/1/2019 5:28:15 PM
Must be something to do with FireFox since it works OK with Edge (which I never use).
Smiles copy in Edge, but not in Firefox. A minor, but annoying problem.

Dino123
1/4/2019 12:11:33 AM
You cannot copy-paste in the word processor.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙