Version 5.5 > Trouble with Motion Backgrounds

Karen39
9/25/2005 4:33:25 PM
I have used my laptop before at church, but I only used it for the choir to see with plain backgrounds and white words.  I went to put on a worship service for some evacuees here.  I set up the laptop with some nice motion backgrounds for them to see.  Ok, it was outside so they couldn't have seen them anyways, but this is very goofy.  When I went to the song with the motion background, the whole laptop screen started flashing.  I could still hit the verse or chorus, but this was distracting to me and I am sure the people sitting behind me were wondering what my laptop was doing!

Here are the specs of this laptop.  It also says I should be able to run motion backgrounds on it.

It is a Dell Inspiron 9300

Intel® Pentium® M Processor - 700 Sequence - up to 760 (2GHz, 2MB Cache, 533MHz FSB)
BulletIntel® 915PM Chipset with PCI Express

256 MB of DDR2 SDRAM standard, upgradable to 2 GB maximum
BulletOptional DDR2 dual-channel SDRAM
Bullet2 SoDIMM sockets, both are user-accessible

Nvidia GE Force 6800 Graphics Card.
When I purchased this laptop, I had them upgrade the video card so this would work with Songshow Plus.

Any ideas???

I was also so afraid the computer would crash that I ended up disabling all the motion backgrounds I had selected and then it worked fine.

Karen

osborn4
9/25/2005 8:19:15 PM
The only time I've seen flashing was when my video card was over heating, but then EVERYTHING was flashing. Words, background, all of it.

Sorry, not much help here. But I feel your pain.

Rod
9/26/2005 2:04:57 AM
Sorry to ask you this.....

But do you have all the current drivers??

Rod

Blairness
9/26/2005 5:26:24 AM
I had a similar problem:
http://www.ssplash.com/Forums/tabid/76/forumid/1/postid/622/view/topic/Default.aspx
I'm guessing the cause of your problem is probably the same.

The fact that you have a Nvidia card seems to back up my guess.

Karen39
9/26/2005 7:46:39 AM
Full screen device?  Ok, I'm not finding the full screen device that I am supposed to disable.  I cannot find it anywhere.  Any ideas where it is?  I checked under display, settings, advanced and then went to the tab with the video driver.

Karen

David
9/26/2005 8:57:56 AM
The two options that have been provided are both good places to start. 

Be sure that you get the drivers from the laptop manufacturer instead of from NVidia's site.  Unlike PC cards, the laptop video drivers are specific to the laptop you're using.  The only bummer is that some laptop companies aren't very good at upgrading their driver packages as often as ATI or NVidia are so sometimes the laptop drivers are pretty old.  

The full screen option is found by doing the following:
1. Open your display properties.
2. Click on the Settings Tab.
3. Click the 'ADVANCED' button.
4. Click the GeForce xxxx tab in the upper right of the Window.
5. Wait a moment for the GeForce Tab to load, a box shoudl appear to one side with various options that you can expand.
6. Expand the top menu.
7. Click on the Full Screen Video link.
8. On your display properties window the GeForce Tab should now display the 'Full screen video zoom controls'.
9. At the bottom is a drop down box labled "Full screen device" - set this to disabled.

I hope that helps. 

Karen39
9/26/2005 9:27:47 AM
You will think I am a total dork, but here are my options.  Could this be because this laptop is not currently hooked up to a projector???

Once I get to the GeForce Go 6800 tab, I expand the top menu off to the side.  I can go to Digital flat panel settings, Performance quality settings, color correction, video overlay settings, powermizer and NVRotate.  If I go to video overlay settings, I can zoom in and out. 

I'm sorry if I am seeming so perplexed!  It seems like when I was messing with the settings and the computer was hooked up to the projector I did see a full screen button and I clicked it!  But, now I cannot find it?

Karen

osborn4
9/26/2005 10:40:22 AM
It could be the absense of a device on your VGA port is causing that.

Do you have a monitor laying around you could hook up and try?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙