Version 5.5 > Different Folders ?

55surveyor
9/25/2005 6:59:54 PM
We have recently installed the 5.5.5.02 Song Show Plus on our new projection computer. However we are still using the older version 5.0 on our work station because it is not capability on handling the newer version.  When we work up a program on the older version and then load it on the newer version it is changing the slide layouts. We suspect the trouble is caused by the data information for the slides being stored in two different folders on the different versions. If this is true, how do we resolve this issue?  It is not convient to work up the program on the projection computer.
Help....

osborn4
9/25/2005 8:17:02 PM
You can install 5.5.x on lesser powered computers. SSP is smart enough (with 5.5.4 and newer) to disable the higher end graphics, but still let the rest of SSP run.

David
9/26/2005 9:01:17 AM
As our friend Osborn has said, you can still install SSP 5.5 on an older system.  The higher end graphics features will be disabled but I think you'd find it much more compatible with your projetion system.

I would also suggest you run the SSP Update on your projection system to get the newest version.  Check for all updates to see if there are any ProModules that are out of date as well.

55surveyor
10/3/2005 7:32:41 PM
We tried loading the 5.5 version and the computer crashed. Do you have an idea about the folders, instead of loading the new version ?

mike
10/4/2005 7:47:48 AM
In SSP, go to the Tools pulldown menu, then Utilities, then Data File Setup.

I think you will find what you are looking for there.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙