Version 5.5 > DVD Resizing

snodge
9/26/2005 11:24:52 AM
Hi,

We use the monitor placement feature in SSP 5.5 to cater for the fact that out projector has to be too far away from the screen, and so the projected image is larger than the screen.

This Sunday I have several DVD clips to play, and am trying to decide whether to install a DVD drive & WinDVD in our PC, or to rip the clips and play them as avis/mpegs/whatevers.

If I play them straight off, will the SSP/WinDVD combination still respect the monitor placement setting, or will the DVD fill the screen?

Thanks

Philip
York Baptist Church (UK)

osborn4
9/26/2005 12:18:32 PM
I don't know about the UK, but here in the states there are copyright restrictions about making copies of DVD footage. A licenseto show the DVD footage does not infer a license to copy, even for single use.

I haven't study the law myself, but others have brought it up.

Just something to keep in mind.

Rod
9/26/2005 4:19:50 PM

I think you might be safer to rip or copy the parts needed and make them into a video clip. ( Assuming copyright is taken care of.)

I havent had any luck downhere, with the SSP DVD player and PAL DVD's but I would be interested to here how you go if you do.

As for the screen size, not exactally sure what you are saying in relation to screen size? But you should be able to adjust the screen size of the video or the Margins and restict the video to "Play within margins" ?? I think? you would need to have a play and see how goes.

Let us know how you get on. 
Rod

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙