Version 8.1 > Video Stops Playing before it finishes

LamarM
5/7/2015 12:44:25 PM
I'm running the latest version of SSP 8.1 on windows 7.
I've got a weird one here,  when I load a video in SSP and play it the video will stop before it's finished. I found the following in the event logs.
The description for Event ID 0 from source DirectShow Support cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
Error: Unknown error: 0xc00d07e2 Cannot load media file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\R-Technics\SongShow Plus\Videos\Barranquilla_ Columbia 2012-Display - Copy.wmv

Before this error it was giving me this error
The description for Event ID 0 from source Chromex cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
No video graph can be built for: C:\Users\faithbaptist\Downloads\WhitePaperRedemption-StandardDefMP4.mp4
Error code: 0x1

I uninstalled Chromex and reinstalled it thinking that was the issue, but it's not, in fact Chromex is no longer installed.

any help figuring this one out would be much appreciated. I've searched the internet for answers and haven't found one that fixes the issue.

osborn4
5/7/2015 6:54:08 PM
I think you'd be best off calling SSP support to dig into this.

LamarM
5/8/2015 8:57:45 AM
Thanks Joel, that was my plan but wanted to touch base with you guys in case any of you had seen the issue.

Lamar

George
5/11/2015 11:25:34 AM
Agreed - the key to this will be us getting a copy of the video and the conditions that the issue occurs.  Going through support is the only way to do this effectively.

FYI - we did actually have someone else bring this up but they never followed through with support as suggested so we never go to look at it.

LamarM
5/11/2015 12:39:26 PM
it will be a couple of weeks before I can call support, I'm having eye surgery tomorrow and won't be able to even look at it for a few days.

Lamar

Crossover
5/27/2015 3:52:56 PM
I had same problem. I called tech support. Cord said it was a problem with an old WMV codec. The fix was to use Windows Live Movie Maker. You simply open the video that doesn't work into Windows Live Movie Maker. Then immediately publish the video as a WMV with a slightly different name so that you can tell the difference. Then load the new video into SSP. When Movie Maker republishes the video, it uses a different codec that SSP doesn't have any problem with.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙