Tips & Tricks > ATI driver tip

iamgap
3/17/2007 4:09:21 PM
If you haven't upgraded to the latest ATI driver because the monitors would shut off during boot, try this tip.

Posted By iamgap on 01/10/2007 12:02 PM

Since ATI driver after 6.7 have had issues with other system configurations, I would re-install version 6.7 to see if it is an ATI driver issue.

6.8 wouldn't be the first driver created after the AMD merger would it? evil

I just found a workaround for using dual CTR monitors with ATI drivers newer than 6.7. After installing the latest driver, shutdown instead restarting. Connect only the primary monitor to the DVI out and boot up. Once Windows boots up, connect the secondary monitor to the Analog out. Once both are connected, set them to your preferences.

I keep my secondary set at 800x600 @ 60Hz due to the projector and the DA.

After multiple reboots, it still works. I guess the new drivers couldn't tell which monitor was to be the primary until in was manually set.

gci
3/28/2007 3:24:17 AM
Hi

On Vista I found the new ATI 7.2 driver sometimes needs to be installed after 7.1--you sometimes can't install 7.2 as is. Also, it seems to need DirectX 9 to be installed first or it sometimes crashes during installation.

M

gci
3/29/2007 7:20:31 AM
I found ATI drivers 7.3 for Vista (beta) on guru3d. Works perfectly for me!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙